Ever since I started losing weight... (TMI)

Options
So... for 2 or 3 weeks I have been really good about counting calories. It's working! Problem is, my stomach is a mess. For 2 weeks I've had way loose poops. sorry, no other way to say it. Is this normal? Anyone else find this? It's not frequent or anything but when i do go its super watery.

HAHA, sorry, TMI.

Replies

• kait_marie24
    kait_marie24 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That honestly sounds abnormal to me. You shouldn't be having watery stools because you're counting calories. Doesn't sound like an emergency but maybe there's another issue going on?
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting doesn't cause loose stools, but...changing what you eat may have. If you have made significant changes in the types of foods you are eating, you could see significant changes in the output. Doesn't mean it will stay that way, sometimes the GI tract needs time to adapt, or you need to make changes more gradually. Or you may have some type of bug. Or need a probiotic or some yogurt or something. Any med changes? I would look first to dietary changes that I made.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    We can't view you're diary so I can't relaly tell you if something specific is the problem.

That being said generally more protein, more fat and more fiber. Protein and fiber will help with the consistency of said movements and fat will help so you don't get bound up.

Make sure you're getting a well rounded diet it'll help get you're body back on track.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Probably need more fiber
  • katie9332014
    Options
    Try adding more fiber into your meals, I've heard you can also get supplements that contain fiber
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would suggest adding fibre as well.

At the same time though, I feel like I've heard that if your stools are that watery for more than a few days, that it's a good idea to see a doctor, just to make sure that nothing's wrong. I feel like it most likely just has to do with the new foods you're eating (assuming you are - I know cherries make my moms stomach go nuts like that), but just to be on the safe side.