starting over - wish me luck - not giving up

Options
ive been dieting and exercising for a month and a half now, no weight loss but i know ive toned down/gained muscle, i see it, and everyone i know tells me i look thinner/lost weight. never the less i took my measurements and weight and am starting over mentally. i know i could be eating better than i have been, so that's what im doing. going to amp-up my exercise and diet and in a month we will see what my measurements and weight loss is.

currently im 5' 5" 183 lbs , bust 37in, waist 34In, hip 43, thigh 28 in, arm 12.5
i dont know what my goal measurements are, so if anyone has any insight on healthy measurements please comment.

i really want to loose 20 pounds. wish me luck

Replies

• Ani45
    Ani45 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi :) My goal is also to lose 20 pounds, so be my diet buddy? :))

How many calories are you eating and what kind of exercise do you do?

I have no idea about measurements, as I only weigh myself. The reason - I can never get accurate measurements, because I think I am measuring myself at different places each time. How do you make sure you place the measuring tape at the same place each time? I heard some people mark it with a pen :|
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    sure send me a request.

i try to eat max 1500 cal but quality of calories is always important and allot of the time ill choose a less healthy option with the same calories. so i think its not all in the calories. ive been eating allot less than i used to before i started all this but i think i still need to cut it down.

as for exercise i jog at like 5.8/ 6.0 for around 10-15 min, then stair-master to 10 15 min, elliptical for 10- 15 min. i sometimes do more of one and less of the other depending. and i do squats, and some weight lifting for around 15-20 min and i try to alternate muscle groups . i go to the gym with my friend who is pretty in shape she helps me out.

measuring, i just did my first measurements so hopefully ill get it right next time.
  • Lilla35
    Lilla35 Posts: 99
    Options
    You got this! Good luck!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hit that cardio 5 days a week and don't cheat! Stick with it, it works!
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Your only easy day is yesterday. Make today count. Drive on!
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I'm in the dropping 20lbs by Christmas club you can probably still join if you want. I am sure you will lose more before then. Good luck I hope you do real well. If for what ever reason it's to late to join just friend me we can do this together.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    tuckeychicken: awesome because that was my original goal to loose by christmas
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    sure send me a request.

i try to eat max 1500 cal but quality of calories is always important and allot of the time ill choose a less healthy option with the same calories. so i think its not all in the calories. ive been eating allot less than i used to before i started all this but i think i still need to cut it down.

as for exercise i jog at like 5.8/ 6.0 for around 10-15 min, then stair-master to 10 15 min, elliptical for 10- 15 min. i sometimes do more of one and less of the other depending. and i do squats, and some weight lifting for around 15-20 min and i try to alternate muscle groups . i go to the gym with my friend who is pretty in shape she helps me out.

measuring, i just did my first measurements so hopefully ill get it right next time.
    Sounds like you know what you need to do so let's get to it from now on better food choices, because the quality of the calorie does count. Let's get started right now. We have no more excuses right.
  • GG82Green
    GG82Green Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goal is a little over 20 pounds! Feel free to add me. I'm a 2nd timer. I had a lot of success my first time around but I let myself get the best of me. Not this time!

Motivation buddy, add me!
  • Nwatoka
    Nwatoka Posts: 2
    Options
    Never give up, never surrender...you are worth it:wink: Good luck!
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am also trying to lose 20lbs.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I laughed at your page "Its too hot to be fat" That is so true. Hurts to do the stairs also.....add me if you would like..
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! Let's do this!!!
  • libzmeyer
    libzmeyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Moving and switching jobs has really been very detrimental to my weight. I used to live in a beautiful area that made you want to be outside and now I live in Iowa. Not much encourages me to go outside. I too want to lose 20 lbs and the quicker the better. This is my 1st week back at it! :smile: