Infused water ideas??

Options
bethnjon
bethnjon Posts: 7 Member
I hate drinking plain water. And my water from my faucet isn't that great, so I am looking for some ideas for infused water. I have never tried any kind of infused water so it's all new for me.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    a few chunks of watermelon and a sprig of fresh mint!

I like my local tap water so I don't really do infused...but one of my good friends always serves it at dinners she hosts and it's so good!!
  • KarmaZen7
    Options
    I love Lemon, Lime, Cucumber and either Basil or Mint leaves...Mmmm!!
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    lemons, lime, oranges & mint (I find that the lime gets bitter after a while so I don't always use it)
    strawberries & blueberries I have made this with basil too
    watermelon and basil
    apples and cinnamon
    cucumbers and lemon
    Mix and match. Find what works for you :)

I have a friend who infuses water with essential oils and it is really delicious. You have to be really careful that they are food quality though.

This helps me a lot and really the possibilities are endless. Get more water into your body it really does help. I make a batch up at the beginning of the day and that helps me keep track of how much water I'm drinking.
  • Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Options
    Lime and cucumber with either mint or fresh ginger
  • cbrown1918
    cbrown1918 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check this out. She makes ice cubes with fruits and herbs. Pretty cool idea.

http://nutritionstripped.com/simply-infused-ice-cubes/
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can go as simple as adding a splash of lemon or lime juice (or a splash of each) to a glass of water. I do that quite often when I want something more than plain water. Really, you could consider unsweetened tea or coffee to be infused water (strongly infused water). I drink both unsweetened sometimes for a change of pace.

I really got into drinking infused water last summer as my drink of choice. I was amazed how much weight I lost just making that one change. All of these suggestions are good options for infusing water.

I will say one thing about using watermelon. It is good, but it seems to break down faster than other fruits and herbs. At least, that was my experience. It seemed to become slimy rather quickly. I would give it less time to infuse than other fruits and herbs for that reason.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love Lemon, Lime, Cucumber and either Basil or Mint leaves...Mmmm!!

OH!!! I never thought of putting basil leaves in my water. Must try that, because I'm obsessed with fresh basil in everything from salads, stir fries, pizza, to my eggs in the AM.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Lemon and cucumber are my go to (separately).
  • bethnjon
    bethnjon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas!! I will definitely be checking into the different varieties.
  • mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lemon or lime are quick and easy. Have you seen True Lemon? It's crystallized flavor packets, no sugar added. They are great to have on hand while out and about.

I typically do strawberry infused , or lemon and strawberry. My trick is using frozen fruits, so it doubles as ice. This is great because I hate room temp water, it's easier for me to drink when iced.
  • spanderholic
    spanderholic Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lemon and mint mmmm.
  • RabecaR
    RabecaR Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Steep some fresh cut ginger(about a half inch chunk or so) in some water add some Stevia and refrigerate. Ginger is great for joints!
  • hockeymeggy
    hockeymeggy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    They're also quite good together, though I do less cucumber and more lemon; cucumber tends to overpower the lemon for me.