Aria Scale Users

Options
I've read that you need to step on the scale a couple times because the calibration might be off the first time. Usually when I do it, I have no problems. However, today I weighed myself 6 times in a row, and my weight was different every single time (by a range of 0.6 lbs). :explode: :explode: :explode:

Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    A $100+ scale shouldn't have those problems. I'd talk to Fitbit.
  • annettehangartner
    annettehangartner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We just Aria last week, of which I named Mr Evil. The weight has not fluctuated, but the body fat percentage sure has, I lost 2.2 pounds and my body fat went up almost a full percentage.....how does that happen!
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I find if I move it that the weight changes. But generally if I step on it several times I get matching numbers by the 3rd time.

I'd contact FitBit about that though.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the battery recently? My batteries were dying and my scale ended up being almost 10lbs off!! I cried.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    The body fat reading is going to be dependent on your hydration level.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I've read that you need to step on the scale a couple times because the calibration might be off the first time. Usually when I do it, I have no problems. However, today I weighed myself 6 times in a row, and my weight was different every single time (by a range of 0.6 lbs). :explode: :explode: :explode:

Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

I returned my scale. Apparently, according to Fitbit, if you move it you have to recalibrate. It's also hyper-sensitive or something because they said that if you don't stand in the exact same way each time, your weight will change. They gave me some story about how other scales don't just weigh you, they average all your previous real weights together and give you your new weight? I have never heard of such. So their claim was that their scale REALLY weighs you each time and that's why it's different every single time you step on it. I just said forget it and took it back. :grumble:
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I want a wifi scale so I'll just get the Withings one. Sometimes Fitbit's support is ridiculous.