A key for success is.....

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
to make exercise a priority, no matter what. :wink: PUSH yourself.

Here I am, up, sitting on my sofa, drinking coffee, sloowwwly waking up. :yawn:

It is Saturday and I set my alarm for 6:00 am! Why am I doing this crazy thing? Because I work on Saturdays and I want to make sure I get a workout in before I go and I need a few minutes to wake up and chill before I head to the gym which opens at 7:00 on Saturdays. I will be there by 7 and workout until around 8:30, head home, shower and spend a little time with my son and leave by 9:30ish for work.

Anyway, my point is that sometime it isn't always easy and you want to sleep in and relax and have a lazy Saturday morning. Also, I had a maintain this week. Sure, I could think "why do I bother getting up early on a Saturday and working out for nothing??". But, I know that my body will reward me with a loss on the scale eventually and in the meantime is rewarding me in other ways. And this is all part of having success. Pushing yourself even when you don't want to.

And I know I will feel great for the rest of the day as a result of this workout and knowing I pushed myself and got it done! :bigsmile: Plus, I can eat a little more today! Never a bad thing! :wink:

Take care all! Push yourself. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish!

:flowerforyou:
Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options

It is Saturday and I set my alarm for 6:00 am! Why am I doing this crazy thing? Because I work on Saturdays and I want to make sure I get a workout in before I go and I need a few minutes to wake up and chill before I head to the gym which opens at 7:00 on Saturdays. I will be there by 7 and workout until around 8:30, head home, shower and spend a little time with my son and leave by 9:30ish for work.

Anyway, my point is that sometime it isn't always easy and you want to sleep in and relax and have a lazy Saturday morning. Also, I had a maintain this week. Sure, I could think "why do I bother getting up early on a Saturday and working out for nothing??". But, I know that my body will reward me with a loss on the scale eventually and in the meantime is rewarding me in other ways. And this is all part of having success. Pushing yourself even when you don't want to.

And I know I will feel great for the rest of the day as a result of this workout and knowing I pushed myself and got it done! :bigsmile: Plus, I can eat a little more today! Never a bad thing! :wink:

Tami
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thank you for my incentive for the day. Saturdays I love exercising because I take a kickboxing class and it's a great way to release aggression and stress, especially since I've been up since 4 a.m. working, then kids, housework etc.

Have a great day Tami and an excellent workout. You're determination definitely shows, and is a great encouragement to the rest of us struggling. I've even told my husband about your successes and the $102 gift certificate your husband got you for your weight loss (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).

Go get 'em!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    amen.gif

Heading out now to ride--but since yesterday when I put my new slicks on my bike--increasing my speed by at least 2 mph maybe more (will know today after ride)--I can't wait to get out and spin the pedals!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    That pretty much says it all.

On those days when I'd rather do something else and my mind keeps trying to convince me to quit working out I just go a little slower but I complete my routine. The surprising thing about the slowing down is that when I finish my work out on the ski machine I find that I've actually done a better work out time than on most other days -- go figure.

Thanks for the post.

Bob
  • threedeakgifts
    Options
    I'm only finishing up week one of my new determination to get in shape. Motivation seems to stick with me for about 4-6 weeks, so I'm always looking for some tips on how to stay motivated. Lately, myfitnesspal has helped a lot with motivation because I like seeing how my exercise points deduct from the calories - woohoo! I will pat myself on the back and say that this Saturday, I'm actually out of my routine, in another city, in a hotel, but I still got up and used the exercise equipment here!
    Thanks for the post!

Stacey
    Batesville, IN
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Great post Tam! It's nice to come to the computer and read something so inspiring in the AM :) Have a great day!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Again, the perfect words and a great message. Thank you:flowerforyou:

I am on my way to the treadmill. I have a day filled with errands but I always like days when I can say I went and did my exercising in the morning and finished it up. It is a sense of accomplishment to have done that. Thanks for the reinforcement and the inspiration. Again!:happy:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    My exercise is completed for the day too! Turbo Jam Cardio Party and Ab Jam and now the rest of the day is mine! Great post!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words Tam!! We are headed for the gym this morning also. I don't need much motivation to go, since they have babysitting and with a deployed husband I will take any break I can get!!! :laugh:

Have a great Saturday anyone!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Your welcome guys! I love helping to push you! You guys are all so great!! :heart:

Oh, by the way..........some positive effects of exercising not exactly associated with the scale.

My blood pressure was never high but is now like 102/68
    My pulse is now around 60 (used to be like 90!)
    When I work out in the morning, it sets the tone for the day. I just FEEL better.
    I feel accomplished
    My body is warmed and stretched and loosened up.
    I sweat out any Summer bloat I have (and ladies....monthly bloat is defeated pretty well this way too!)
    I sleep VERY well from pushing my body.
    I can do SO many things without becoming winded.
    Walking up stairs is a piece of cake

Yep....I looooves me some exercise!!!!! What a feeling! Gotta get those endorphins! Yes, I am addicted to them!! :wink:
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options

Tami

Thank you for this post!! It was very helpful. I overslept yesterday and had about 2 hours to do an hour workout and still catch the train (which was leaving in the 2 hours I had) into Manhattan. I seriously felt like skipping the workout (with the excuse that I didn't have enough time for both my workout and catching the train on time) but I totally didn't and you are in part why. I managed to fit in the workout, a quick shower and ran to catch the train. And you know what? It felt great!

You're right there are those times that you don't feel like it and you want to sleep in, but in the end it is so worth it not to. I have to keep remembering that, I'll burn this post into my brain for future motivation. Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Here I am again!

Up, drinking coffee. Granted, it's not quite as early as yesterday...but I am planning to head to the gym soon and get a workout in. We are heading to NJ a little later for my husbands extended-family reunion. Not sure what kind of food will be there! So, I will burn about 1,000 calories to prepare!! :laugh: :laugh:

Keep on, keepin on guys!!!! :drinker:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Good job Tami.

I totally agree. Since I started on my new lifestyle a while ago, working out is definitley a priority.
    I was even doing 2 a days: doing my cardio in the morning before work, then getting my workout in after work. (Of course it's a little easier for me to do since I'm single & don't have any kids- LOL) It helped me get started & when I missed a morning cardio I felt restless. I don't do them anymore since I am close to my goal & don't need to do as much cardio as I did when I started. I am now concentrating on heavier weights, since I want to build up more muscle.

I still take one full day off a week, as reccomended by my trainer- though it was hard at first. I didn't want to take any time off, but she assured me it was for the best and my body needs at least one day off a week to recover. Now due to my new schedule I will be taking 2 days off, and though I don't like missing a workout, my trainer says it will be good for me. We will see.

I still put 110% effort in when I train & I still love going to the gym. I even like doing cardio, which I HATED when I 1st started.

Good luck all & keep up the great work. :drinker: :drinker: