One Month In-- Can someone please read my diary

Options
Hey everyone, today marks about a month since I have started MFP and I love it here. So far as of my last weekly weigh in I have lost about 14 pounds, started exercising and generally feel great-- mentally and physically.

I have my weight loss set to 1 pound a week currently and am not really meeting calorie goals, but am trying to stay close to marcos, the sodium and fat seem to be a major issue for me.

I have an opened diary and would greatly like it if someone could give me advice on:

-Adding certain foods to increase calories
-Taking out certain foods to decrease my macros
-Upping my pound per week goal

My first goal is to lose a total of 30 pounds by the New year, and a total of 105 pounds before I re-evaluate. I am 28 years old, 5 foot 6 inches and started at 280 pounds (yikes!)

I am open to suggestions for food (note: I am allergic to ALL berries, and eggs and yogurt make me stomach sick.) And Everyone in my life tends to sugar coat so if I need a kick in the *kitten*, please feel free & I promise I won't cry.

I do log EVERYTHING,(no matter how bad or over-- as you can see certain days :-P) and log water as I drink it.. I do weight ALMOST everything (I do no weight bananas, breadcrumbs (I measure with a 1/4 cup and don't know why I have weighing mental block), spices, herbs, and leafy greens or if I out to eat)

I feel like I have a pretty good foundation plan started, but would like to continue in a positive path.

Thank you in advance for all your help and previous support.

Dev :)

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're off to a good start. You're eating below your 'goal' but you also have a large # of pounds you need to lose in the long run. As long as you're feeling fine - then go with it. If you have a day where you're hungrier than usual (I do!) then eat more. Either larger portions or an extra snack - depending on when in the day and what you think will satisfy you.

I often go over on sodium also. I don't have any health issues that would cause this to be a problem and I understand drinking extra water can help with the sodium effects.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you want more calories don't use reduced fat peanut butter, skimmed milk etc but use their full fat friends. Chicken breast is a dire meat, get something with more fat instead and you'll get more calories - even other bits of the chicken are better.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Looks quite good for a start. I'd ditch the shakes/supplements and stick with whole foods.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I also use regular peanut butter. When you compare the labels, there is hardly any calories saved. I think only 5-10 per 32g?
  • cherrylf
    cherrylf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. I would also try something different for breakfast. That is unless you can't with schedule. Try oatmeal or other protein rich things. I don't do eggs either. Also I know this is really hard, but try to get away from the crisps and lemon bars as snacks. I know I love them too. But really they are full of crap. Do you like hummus? That is always a great snack with carrots, cucumbers and celery. Try to eat as little processed foods as you can. It will help detox your body.

But saying all that keep up the great work. Do what you can day by day. Don't try to change everything at once.

Also love your wedding pic.
    Cherryl
  • catic32
    catic32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would get rid of premade shakes. Still with fruits/veggies. Eat eggs in the morning a few times a week. If you want to make a smoothie for extra protien make it from scratch.

Also don't use FAT free things. Fat free stuff has tons of added sugar to compensate for the lack of taste (fat)

Don't be afraid of Fat & protien. Those are GOOD things!
  • GreenMantle
    GreenMantle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing great so far!

I have a strange suggestion- add more healthy fat to breakfast, instead of just doing a shake (though those Atkins shakes are pretty darn good, aesthetically and stat-wise). I've noticed that incorporating eggs, some kind of nut butter (not reduced fat) or yogurt tends to keep you fuller until lunch. And like some people have said on here already, sometimes you want to steer clear of fat-free stuff (not all the time) because they'll sometimes compensate for lack of flavor with added sugar. Just go for healthy, good cholesterol-raising fats :)

If you haven't tried it already, almond butter is awwwesome.
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!! :drinker:
  • WildCatClimbs
    WildCatClimbs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good. Like other posters mentioned, I would get rid of the shakes and processed stuff(like the special K bars). I know it is hard and you really are off to a great start. I would replace the special K bars with some good dark chocolate to help with sweet cravings. Breakfast, oatmeal with nutbutter is usually good, or you can try to make a smoothie with stuff you like/tolerate. Keep it up :D