Need Help

Shannon_1968
Shannon_1968 Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
When I started My fitness pal I was losing weight. Now my calorie intake changes whenever I lose or earn weight. Should I follow what it say? It says 1,800 calories a day and I am only eating 1,600 calories a day but still I have only lost a couple of inches. I already feel like giving up. Should my calores intake be changing like that?

Thanksjavascript:add_smiley('mad','topic_body')
Mad
Shannon

Replies

• When I started My fitness pal I was losing weight. Now my calorie intake changes whenever I lose or earn weight. Should I follow what it say? It says 1,800 calories a day and I am only eating 1,600 calories a day but still I have only lost a couple of inches. I already feel like giving up. Should my calores intake be changing like that?

Thanksjavascript:add_smiley('mad','topic_body')
    Mad
    Shannon
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hi!! I really don't understand what you mean that it changes. Are you exercising and entering the calories burned? That is when the caloric intake will change and you want to follow that as close as possible. If you are not entering any exercise then your calories should not change unless you change your activity level where you set your goals. If it tells you to eat 1800 then you should eat 1800 give and take 100 cals or so....that is what I do. I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • it depends on how much weight you've already lost for it to change. but if you lose a significant amount then yes it is normal for it to change because your body has different needs at different weights. hope this helped.
This discussion has been closed.