Any 5'3" ladies around 130 lbs?

Options
Any petite ladies around 5'3" that weigh around 130 looking for new friends?? My goal is to lose at least another 15 pounds. What is your goal weight?

Replies

• joolsbunny
    joolsbunny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi you sound like you are doing really well, I'm still at 138 lbs and trying to lose more but its unchartered territory now as I haven't weighed less than 140 lbs for over 10 years. I thought I wanted to be 133 lbs when I set out on this but need to reassess where I am and how I am dealing with the weight loss. Now starting strength exercises to build up my muscles now that I've lost a layer of fat. Loving trying on new clothes and having to throw out all the baggy stuff though - having bad days and good days but I haven't put on just maintained on the bad ones where I could eat and eat forever. MFP is the best for losing weight and l have recommended to loads of my friends, cos if I can do it anyone can!
  • jkess5891
    jkess5891 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am about 5'3" and around 130 lbs. I wanna lose 15 lbs also! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh 125 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (or maybe a bit more) and currently weigh 135. My current goal weight is 125, but I'm really looking more for a goal body that is more lean and toned than the one I have now. If I can get there and be 135, that's fine, if it's 125, that also works. Lowest I've ever been is 125, which was good, but in my experience the number on the scale is just one part of a bigger picture.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm with Annie. I'm starting to add in strength training between my running days. I've been as low as 122 in the past few years but my frame is pretty large and it's not sustainable with my current body composition. So.... I'm starting over. I'm not as tied to a number on the scale as I am to way I look, feel and fit in my clothes.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and am at 131 right now. I'm shooting to get somewhere around 125-128, at least as my initial goal weight, and then see what happens as I've added in more strength training in the last few months. As others have said, the number on the scale is only part of the equation. I already feel like a winner, since my current weight is the lightest I've been as an adult. :glasses:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 3" and 134lbs, I am 2 lbs from goal and I'm hap-hap-happy :-D
    everyone is different, on me this is a GOOD weight :)

I should add that I strength train at least 3 times/week and am slimmer now in measurements than I was in my 20s when I was 125lbs :)
  • costleyma06
    costleyma06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", weigh around 125 and i'm strong and happy!

Do you ladies lift heavy? There is a good chance you may not be happy with your body composition due to the lack of muscle. Just a suggestion, feel free to add me!
  • JessicaStranger
    Options
    Hi Kay, I'm 5'2 and 133 lbs. I am trying to turn this around myself. Ever since I started working full time, I swear. It's been an awful platue. When I started working Last August I weighed in at 128. I would kill to weigh that again. I have a tight schedule now, Working full time starting at 8:30 am then part time classes till 10pm. And- a part time job on the weekends to keep my health bennies. I do not like growing up.

:(
  • thinsports
    Options
    5'3.5" and 135 pound here. My first goal weight is 120 pounds.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", weigh around 125 and i'm strong and happy!

Do you ladies lift heavy? There is a good chance you may not be happy with your body composition due to the lack of muscle. Just a suggestion, feel free to add me!
    I've been lifting heavy for a few weeks. I'm not seeing much change in physique yet but others say they see it. Scale is moving slowly downward but tape measure is mostly steady. I'm wishing I had made the move to incorporating heavy lifting on the days I don't run long ago.
  • anewcs
    anewcs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3" and 132lbs....feel free to add me.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (and a half! :laugh: ) and weigh about 133 lbs. I don't have a specific weight goal in mind. I'd like to lose 5 more pounds and then re-evaluate based on how I look/feel. I am more focused on building strength right now, doing some heavier lifting in my workouts
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 " and ended my cut at 117 lbs. Bulking now to 130 lbs. Weight is just a number. It's meaningless. When you start leaning out, focus on measurements and mirror, not the scale. Resistance training will help too. Like ideally a heavy lifting barbell routine :P
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 " and ended my cut at 117 lbs. Bulking now to 130 lbs. Weight is just a number. It's meaningless. When you start leaning out, focus on measurements and mirror, not the scale. Resistance training will help too. Like ideally a heavy lifting barbell routine :P

WEIGHT IS JUST A NUMBER
    God I wish I was better at convincing myself of that! I'm 5'4" (hope that doesn't disqualify me) and 134. I got down to 115 about 4 years ago, but it was because I was depressed and literally barely eating. I haven't had an issue with depression that bad since then, but unfortunately I've also picked up the habit of turning to food for comfort from my hubz. So that's a whole other issue now lol! My goal weight at the moment is 120, but it's more about how I want to look. Lean, toned, and less (a lot less) jiggle.