Why are there pizza adds flashing at me

Options
2»

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You get pizza ads?? I keep getting Cold Stone Creamery ads reminding me that Father's day is around the corner.
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's the same one I got....Just cruel!!! I got into this shape by "giving in to my cravings"
  • LesliemarieAZ
    LesliemarieAZ Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have a nutrition course ad right now... definitely NOT as pretty as the pizza ad :tongue:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Right now I have ads for baseball tickets and Fiber One wants me to add them on pinterest. In the past, AdChoices has suggested in the MFP margins:

-beef jerkey
    -Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
    -betty crocker cookies
    -everything zulily has ever made
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I've currently got adds for Urban Decay makeup on here because I'm constantly browsing makeup places at work. Oops heheh.

Although I have adds from Dominos and Jimmy Johns frequently as well since I've places orders for them on this computer.
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options
    I've currently got adds for Urban Decay makeup on here because I'm constantly browsing makeup places at work. Oops heheh.

Although I have adds from Dominos and Jimmy Johns frequently as well since I've places orders for them on this computer.

Uh oh, you better check the credit card that you use to order Jimmy Johns!

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/07/sandwich-chain-jimmy-johns-investigating-breach-claims/
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/07/sandwich-chain-jimmy-johns-investigating-breach-claims/
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't buy things on my phone and rarely use the browser (mostly for using mfp when the app is not working right) and I get the pizza ads too.
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options
    I don't buy things on my phone and rarely use the browser (mostly for using mfp when the app is not working right) and I get the pizza ads too.

I don't think it's based on only the things you buy. For instance, if you use Google, the ads are tailored to anything you search for, as well as anything you ever type in an email. Google knows EVERYTHING about you. It's a little (or a lot) creepy.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Ah thanks for letting me know, this is the first I'm hearing of it. I monitor that card regularly, but I'll watch it better!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I use Firefox and Chrome browsers, install AdBlock - no ads anywhere. :drinker: