Need some tips...

Options
mrdwp
mrdwp Posts: 17 Member
Okay. Today is a difficult workout day for me.
Normally it's 45mins of pretty intense weight training, then 30mins "Bicycling, 14-16 mph, vigorous."

Today, not only is it "Leg Day" (which I loathe)... but also I am switching it up and doing Elliptical for 30 mins for the first time...

Any tips?

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on split days, but in my experience elliptical after lifting with legs is not a good day... (fatigue, miserable are a couple of words I would use to describe it and I personally like the elliptical in a normal situation)

Personally I like to split my hard cardio to different days than my lifting.(I don't feel like doing both in the same day does justice to either)
  • barsandbodegas
    Options
    I actually prefer spending time on the elliptical machines, compared to the treadmill and (most days) the stationary bike.

I always bring my phone and earphones to the gym with me, and I listen to a playlist of really upbeat music. That always helps me move faster and it makes my experience a little more enjoyable.
  • mselihar
    mselihar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    do burpees rather than elliptical

10 sets of 10-25 with a minute rest between sets

you will get to largely rest your legs and use your upper body to get your cardio

just lift the legs first
  • mrdwp
    mrdwp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @JosieRawr: Yeah I messed up my fitness schedule this week... legs are supposed to be on my non-cardio day. I was burnt out yesterday and skipped cardio, making it my non-cardio day. So I am expecting misery and fatigue... but it's only a half hour - usually after 20 minutes, my second wind kicks in and I'm fine. I hope this will be the case with Elliptical training as well.

@barsandbodega & mselihar I do use my phone when doing any cardio... and I will try the burpie routine next week in lieu of a standard biking day.

Thanks for all the tips!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    @JosieRawr: Yeah I messed up my fitness schedule this week... legs are supposed to be on my non-cardio day. I was burnt out yesterday and skipped cardio, making it my non-cardio day. So I am expecting misery and fatigue... but it's only a half hour - usually after 20 minutes, my second wind kicks in and I'm fine. I hope this will be the case with Elliptical training as well.

@barsandbodega & mselihar I do use my phone when doing any cardio... and I will try the burpie routine next week in lieu of a standard biking day.

Thanks for all the tips!

Lol okay, just don't hold it against the elliptical! :)
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    do burpees rather than elliptical

10 sets of 10-25 with a minute rest between sets

you will get to largely rest your legs and use your upper body to get your cardio

just lift the legs first

I don't know how you can rest your legs on burpees. I do know that 250 burpees after a leg day lifting session is not something I'd look forward to!