ANOTHER Fitbit question...(I'm sorry!)

Options
I just got my Fitbit today, and I'm getting it set up. I linked my MFP account to my Fitbit account. Here's my question....I use MFP on my phone (an iPhone 4) but I can't sync the Fitbit with the phone's App because it will only work on an iPhone 4S or newer. Will it matter since I'm updating on my phone? Will my actual Fitbit have the accurate food/calorie/activity info if it can't sync from the Fitbit App, since it is connected through MFP which does update through my phone? I plan to login to the Fitbit app on my iPad in the evenings to see my overall day.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, confusing, or if it's been asked before. I searched quickly but did not find an answer.

Thanks! Rachel

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if the Fitbit updates through your phone. The two sites share info on the two web sites. As long as your Fitbit data gets to the Fitbit site and your food data to the MFP site, they'll communicate. :smile:
  • mselihar
    mselihar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't matter.

Whenever you sync your fitbit with your iPad, the linking of the accounts between your fitbit account and MFP will pull the updated steps regardless of how they are captured (iphone, iPad, computer, etc).

You will see a notification "*You earned an extra XXX calories today from exercise" -- seeing that, you'll know the fitibit connection is working.
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful and quick replies!!