Most accurate scale??

Options
Hey guys! I have a basic analog scale by Sunbeam, which i bought a few months ago and i'm growing sick and tired of it. First of all, I am not sure if it's accurate because I weighed myself on my friends' scales and they gave me a completely different reading. And secondly, it's so hard to see what my exact weight is. So, what do you guys think is the most accurate scale? I heard that digital scales are more accurate than analog ones...is that true? Well, thanks in advance for your help guys! :)

Replies

• newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have both digital and analog. I use the digital as my regular scale and the anallog once a montj.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Mine is digital, but very temperamental. I live in a 2-story townhome and I can't use it upstairs because if the floor is off even a tiny little degree, it messes up the reading. I'll weigh sometimes 3 or 4 pounds difference depending on where it's sitting on the stupid floor! lol
  • jpmajors
    Options
    I have found the ones like your doctor uses (with the sliding weights) to be most accurate. The secret for me is to use the same scale, the same day and time. So for me I always use the scale at my gym, every Wednesday after cardio but before lunch. As long as I am consistent I will get consistent and accurate readings. I never weigh myself any other time. Body measurements are also important especially if you are doing weight training because at times you may not loose the weight yet you will be getting smaller.
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ok...well, i'm off to buy a digital scale! lol Maybe i can compare the readings i get from both my analog and the new digital one and see what's the difference. Thanks for your help. :)
  • DaniEss
    DaniEss Posts: 27
    Options
    Mine is digital, but very temperamental. I live in a 2-story townhome and I can't use it upstairs because if the floor is off even a tiny little degree, it messes up the reading. I'll weigh sometimes 3 or 4 pounds difference depending on where it's sitting on the stupid floor! lol
    Haha, my digital one does the same thing. It is very frustrating. It gives me a different reading if its on the tile, on the rug or on the wood floor. Normally 1 or 2 lbs difference. But my mom says it is always the same for her. Who knows.
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have found the ones like your doctor uses (with the sliding weights) to be most accurate. The secret for me is to use the same scale, the same day and time. So for me I always use the scale at my gym, every Wednesday after cardio but before lunch. As long as I am consistent I will get consistent and accurate readings. I never weigh myself any other time. Body measurements are also important especially if you are doing weight training because at times you may not loose the weight yet you will be getting smaller.

Well, i assumed that those are the most accurate...i mean they gotta be if doctors use them. lol But unfortunately there's no way i can find one. Do you know anywhere else i can go besides the doctor or the gym? I would go to my gym, but i don't think they have a scale there.