SHORT LADIES (I'm 5'3") What's your daily calorie intake???

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
So I just updated my fitness profile since I haven't reset the calorie goal in awhile... At first it was set to lose 1 lb a week and it changed my calorie goal from 1,320 to 1,280. My eyes widened and said :noway: "F*** THAT!" so I went back and changed it to lose 0.5 lbs a week. It has now updated from my original 1,320 to 1,530. That's the highest MFP has ever suggested for me and makes me kind of nervous since I've been at the same intake for a few months now... just curious to see what others at my height are taking in :]

Side notes: I'm 23 years old, currently at 155 lbs working out about 3-5 times a week

Replies

• Behxo
    Options
    Awesome, thank you
  • Behxo
    Options
    I chose a number and told myself I'd stick with it for a month and re-evaluate. I knew I'd never know for sure if I tried a different number each week. It's summer so my habits changed. In the spring I was still teaching and walking all day and I looked at my total calories and was losing at around 1700 then...

Just keep swimming.

Will do, I'm starting kickboxing next week so I'm sure I will need more calories anyways :flowerforyou:
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I am somewhat shorter than you are--5'2. I lose at around 14-1600, granted I do workout more than an hour a day 6 days a week, no less than that and losing at about 1.5-2lbs a week. I'm also 36 and weigh 10 pounds more than you.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 " 120 lbs and maintain my weight around 2100 calories. Lost most of my weight at 1650 net. So, most days I'd eat 1900 ish. I've lost 53 lbs. Current eating 2300 for a very snail's pace bulk

I lift 3x a week for about an hour and play disc golf like 4 days a week for about an hour or so...it's like walking with some throwing mixed in. I take care of two little ones and clean part time for like a few hours 3x a week
  • Behxo
    Options
    wow thanks guys, makes me feel a bit better about eating more then
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I still have a lot to lose (80lbs), but I've set my intake at a solid 1500 every day, and will stay at that caloric goal for awhile, since 1500 is a good place when I weigh less too.
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 2 inches and I try to stay around 1300.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I calculated out my TDEE and went from there to manually set it. I'm 5'2". I am much happier at losing at 1600ish than at less than 1500.
  • alice_schmalice
    alice_schmalice Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    5'2" 37 y.o. 30lbs to lose. Sedentary job sitting all day. I set mine at 1 lb per day and got 1280 cals. The last 2 days have been rough! I think it's PMS but I feel like I could eat everything in sight.

Looking for support and encouragement. Friend me if you'd like.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently have my limit set at 1700. Some daysi eat less, some days I'm a bit over. I'm losing just fine.
  • srd_23
    srd_23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm bigger (229 lbs at 5'3) and my goal was to loose .5 pounds per week by eating 1700 calories per day and excercising 30 mins per day 5 days per week. I usually eat almost all my calories, but I have also been excercising more than I expected to (about an hour per day 6 days per week). I have been loosing 2 pounds per week on average. Its not a perfect science, but I am loosing more than I expected, and I am eating my fill; I am just careful about WHAT I am eating.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and eat between 1400-1500 per day
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    5'2, and I take in a minimum of 1450 a day!
  • Nuly2014
    Options
    My current goal is 4 workouts per week, minimum..
    Height 5' 4''
    Wt 168 lbs

My personal trainer calculates 1,580 calories a day.... so along with high protein diet and exercise this should be more beneficial for body fat loss...my previous attempts with a restrictive diet were not very successful.. and made me feel tired...

Everyone is welcome to add me as a friend, I love to share thoughts and experiences!

- NULY

2872308.png
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. At 155 lbs I was using the TDEE method on Scooby and losing about 1lbs/week eating 1780 cals, working out 5x a week. I'm pregnant now, so I'm not really in the same place as before, lol. I've gotten alot less active, thanks to summer vacation. But right now I'm 156.6 lbs, 16 weeks pregnant, and eating 1900-2100 calories. I walk at least 2x a week. I'll up the exercise and calories in about 4 weeks when I reach 20 weeks and daughter starts kindergarten.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to maintain, I am 5'4 and I am taking in about 2000 a day usually, but I have not been feeling well lately so have only been taking in about half of that. MFP has me set at 2,130 currently, but I do not usually get that high.
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So I just updated my fitness profile since I haven't reset the calorie goal in awhile... At first it was set to lose 1 lb a week and it changed my calorie goal from 1,320 to 1,280. My eyes widened and said :noway: "F*** THAT!" so I went back and changed it to lose 0.5 lbs a week. It has now updated from my original 1,320 to 1,530. That's the highest MFP has ever suggested for me and makes me kind of nervous since I've been at the same intake for a few months now... just curious to see what others at my height are taking in :]

Side notes: I'm 23 years old, currently at 155 lbs working out about 3-5 times a week

I'm 5'3, 26 years old and 187 lbs! i eat 1510 and i pick that myself! I think its a good number for me~ goal weight 155 lol
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm on maintenance (I'm 5'3'' and 121 lbs). I normally eat about 1500 (sometimes it's a bit less) a day and exercise about four times a week (I generally have fruit after I exercise). However, I can eat about 1760 and maintain the weight that I'm at right now.
  • lucii06
    lucii06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am at 1310 Calories a day. And I eat less calories than that. Work out 6 days a week with insanity. But on day 4 . So I guess I will see how this goes on sunday :) I am 5'3 and 21years old and weigh 122lb.
  • Greenbomb
    Greenbomb Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" but as I'm "over 40" it gets harder to lose weight. On days that I have bootcamp, I allow myself 1500 calories (though I don't always use them). On days with no bootcamp, I try to keep it to 1200.

My ideal weight is 130- that might sound high, but I'm curvy and again, as you get older everything kind of shifts. Right now I'm at 157 and feel enormous...the most I've ever weighed in my life!