Myth or fact? First area of weight loss...

Options
I think my boobs are getting smaller. I lost about 10 lbs over the summer and it wasnt until I tried on a bridesmaid dress today that I realized my boobs dont fill it out like they should. I have heard before that this is the area that women often lose weight first, but Im wondering if that it true? Anyone have any input?

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I lost my butt. The one thing that I really didn't care if I lost or not...and it's gone(almost).
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I don't know if that is true for everyone, but I have noticed my bras are getting loose. Which I'm actually excited about! :bigsmile:
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think for a lot of women it is - it depends on the make-up of the breast. They're composed of fat and breast tissue, so it depends on how much of each a particular woman has. Everyone told me mine would be the first to go, but I lost 75 lbs and stayed a DD, so I'm assuming I must have a lot of dense breast tissue and not as much fat. If that makes any sense.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's a place where the fat layers are thick, so it shows there more obviously than the smaller layers of fat you are losing all over.

How are your rings fitting? Shoes? Watches?

Honestly, you won't lose all of your boobs, they stay in proportion, but yes they are gonna shrink up! I've lost 50 lbs, and have gone from 42DD to 36D(nearly C...soon)
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That has been my past experience. It kinda stinks that it works that way. I had it explained to me that fat comes off in layers, The areas with the least fat will shrink fastest. Which means my rear end will most likely be the last to go. But less fat is a good thing no matter where it comes off of.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    lost my facial weight then my tummy....
  • DaniEss
    DaniEss Posts: 27
    Options
    it's a place where the fat layers are thick, so it shows there more obviously than the smaller layers of fat you are losing all over.

How are your rings fitting? Shoes? Watches?

Honestly, you won't lose all of your boobs, they stay in proportion, but yes they are gonna shrink up! I've lost 50 lbs, and have gone from 42DD to 36D(nearly C...soon)

Because I didnt have a ton of weight to lose in the first place, everything else seems to fit ok except a few pairs of pants and some skirts that are looser. I am normally a 32DD but i havent checked in a few months... so i guess we will see!
  • DaniEss
    Options
    That has been my past experience. It kinda stinks that it works that way. I had it explained to me that fat comes off in layers, The areas with the least fat will shrink fastest. Which means my rear end will most likely be the last to go. But less fat is a good thing no matter where it comes off of.
    Yeah thats true. I wanted to be more fit and if this is what my body is telling me what it wants to do, then so be it! I told my fiance he's got 2 options: chunky me with full boobs OR fit me with smaller boobs. Guess he cant have everything. Haha
  • resptech97
    Options
    Yep! Thats the first place I lost mine!!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see a youngster doing a little preventative:smile: education and habit formation instead of paying for it later . nice job being proactive with your health.
  • DaniEss
    Options
    It's nice to see a youngster doing a little preventative:smile: education and habit formation instead of paying for it later . nice job being proactive with your health.
    thanks! yeah thats the plan. I dont want to fall into bad habits especially because people keep joking about all the weight we will gain once we get into married life. Yikes!!
  • DaniEss
    Options
    I think for a lot of women it is - it depends on the make-up of the breast. They're composed of fat and breast tissue, so it depends on how much of each a particular woman has. Everyone told me mine would be the first to go, but I lost 75 lbs and stayed a DD, so I'm assuming I must have a lot of dense breast tissue and not as much fat. If that makes any sense.
    Hm. that actually does make sense. Thanks... :o)
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    thanks! yeah thats the plan. I dont want to fall into bad habits especially because people keep joking about all the weight we will gain once we get into married life. Yikes!!
    It's not necessarily married life . Probably more the compounding of all adult responsibilities. We tend to lose focus of the fun and carefree attitude we had when younger and convince ourselves that being still and sedentary is "what adults do". Thankfully, we had our children young and were pretty active through their formative years. Between sports and an active life they all learned pretty good habits and are still in great shape at your age (24, 26, 27). But again, i cannot tell you how important it is to never forget to have fun and act youthfully regardless of your age. Stay young in mind and heart and you'll stay fit to match.
  • DaniEss
    Options
    I totally agree. Thats also why we try to mix up our exercise with fun activities like tennis, hiking, swimming, etc. That way we wont get bored with the gym.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i definately lost my boobs first. It was definately sad