Fast calorie burning exercises?

Options
Because I am still in High School, I have a really tough time finding the time to work out. I dance A LOT after school every day because I am in the school musical and it is INTENSE. So I do ATLEAST an hour most days, but that isn't enough. I barely get 200 calories burned doing that. I leave my house at 6 am and get back at 5:45 pm, then when I get home I usually spend about 3 hours doing homework so finding the time to work out is difficult. I manage to workout on the weekends, but that isn't enough. I want to fit it into my daily schedule. Anyone have any easy workouts I can do in a half hour that aren't too hard to do later at night? I have an elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike and weight machines but I don't always have access to them due to various reasons I won't go into.
Exercises using these machines would be helpful but ones WITHOUT would be GREAT!!!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    30 day shred
    it's 27 minutes. Easy to fit into your day.
  • azimisp
    Options
    Jump rope!
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    30 day shred
    it's 27 minutes. Easy to fit into your day.

Love this work out!! I do it every day! I have a four year old, and I work full time. I don't have much time at all either. But this is great. I lost about 5 pounds in a week doing this and watching what I eat.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There are several video series with different focus areas. I have done the P90X, but think it is a bit more time-consuming that you might want as it is designed for an hour to 90 minutes per day six days per week. I have heard good things about some Jillian Michaels DVDs. Again, lots of DVD choices out there and these are probably something you could do in your room with little or no equipment.

Sounds like you have a lot going on and I can relate to that. Finding the right work-out that fits your routine and time-availability is very important to sticking with it, in my opinion anyway.

Good Luck!!!

--Carter
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    STAIRS!

If you have any access to any amount of stairs run up and down those things for 20 - 30 minutes.

I did the stair climber at the gym and it's a little over 100 calories for 10 minutes.

And the best part is that stairs are free!
  • angela_wolsey
    Options
    The turbo jam workouts are great! There are different ones and u can do anywhere from 20 minutes to almost 50 minutes! I love them cause they are alot of fun, and u burn an amazing amount of calories in a short time.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    It isn't always about how many calories you burn while exercising, it's what you burn when you're sitting in class, working at the computer, etc. It's your BMR that will help you most. There's a calculator here on MFP.

Also look for the thread about changing body composition. Challenging your muscles will build them which makes them burn more during non-exercise times.

As a teen, you have growing issues to pay attention to as well. Don't short yourself on important nutrients, especially calcium, in the goal of being a size 2 or whatever.

Cheers

Kat