Mapmy_______

Just how accurate is this app?

Replies

• gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Map my walk is very accurate in terms of distance because it uses GPS.
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    How about withe the Calorie burn?
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    I find it to be way off in terms of calorie burn when I compare it to my HRM (Mapmyfitness is always higher than my heart rate monitor). It is accurate for mileage though.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    It's a free app. Download it, try it, then decide for yourself if you want to stick with it or try something else.

I've been using MapMyRide for 2 years. The calorie estimates are a little high compared to my bike computer/ HRM, but not so high as to make it worthless.

It also tends to overestimate mileage a bit because it doesn't map straight lines when you were running or riding in a straight line. But again, it's not that far off. And the inaccuracies are the phone's fault, which is where the GPS comes from.
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    It's a free app. Download it, try it, then decide for yourself if you want to stick with it or try something else.

I've been using MapMyRide for 2 years. The calorie estimates are a little high compared to my bike computer/ HRM, but not so high as to make it worthless.

It also tends to overestimate mileage a bit because it doesn't map straight lines when you were running or riding in a straight line. But again, it's not that far off. And the inaccuracies are the phone's fault, which is where the GPS comes from.

This is good to know. Thank you!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    I like it for the GPS/distance tracking. I think it overestimates burn though.