RMR test - am I doomed? or just out of the average?

Options
2»

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Not to blow sunshine up your backside, but I really think the testing was off.

I love that expression!

I agree, the test was bogus!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You said "she" said something. Who is "she"? A doctor? A technician? Someone with a license? Why are you asking this question on this board, even? Take it to your doctor and ask for their opinion. I agree with the others, it is silly to even be worrying about. Isn't it obvious to you that the test is off if you're losing weight? Why are you even asking this question? Seriously, I don't get it. Worrying over nothing. Talk to the MD supervising this/your PCP.

Wow strong first post for a thread that’s 4 months old. You should jump in slowly and try and be nice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's definitely wrong. I would mostly be mad I wasted money on it.
  • nespinosa3
    nespinosa3 Posts: 116
    Options
    You said "she" said something. Who is "she"? A doctor? A technician? Someone with a license? Why are you asking this question on this board, even? Take it to your doctor and ask for their opinion. I agree with the others, it is silly to even be worrying about. Isn't it obvious to you that the test is off if you're losing weight? Why are you even asking this question? Seriously, I don't get it. Worrying over nothing. Talk to the MD supervising this/your PCP.

Chill out :S it was harsh seeing that number, and since I wasn't losing weight at a normal rate, for a second I believed that I really had a low metabolism. After reading more about it here, I realized the number was too low and the test was off...not everyone is born with that knowledge ;)

And just as an update...thanks to everyone for the support :) I got retested and turns out my RMR is almost 1600! Now I know for the next time, anything that seems way too low, I'm just going to ask for a retest immediately
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Chill out :S it was harsh seeing that number, and since I wasn't losing weight at a normal rate, for a second I believed that I really had a low metabolism. After reading more about it here, I realized the number was too low and the test was off...not everyone is born with that knowledge ;)

And just as an update...thanks to everyone for the support :) I got retested and turns out my RMR is almost 1600! Now I know for the next time, anything that seems way too low, I'm just going to ask for a retest immediately

Glad you got retested and that the results were more pleasing.
    I imagine you emitted a huge 'phew' when you got the retest results.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

And I seriously do not get people like you, who resurrect an old post, just to be unpleasant and hard faced for no reason whatsoever. You have made yourself look rather foolish. :wink:
  • You're right, I apologize, Nespinosa3!

I'm glad you went back and got re-checked, and that the test results made more sense this time.

Again, my apologies!