NSV - Finished my first triathlon

ccg1232
ccg1232 Posts: 90 Member
It was an olympic distance, but I had a river current to help me on the swim. I finished slower than I wanted to but for being 5'8" 240 lbs and training since april I will take it. I learned a lot now I have to do more than just work out for next year. I have to lose some lbs.

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
  • Outstanding!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Congratulations!!!:drinker: An Oly is pretty ambitious for your first tri! Nice work!!!!
  • ccg1232
    Congratulations!!!:drinker: An Oly is pretty ambitious for your first tri! Nice work!!!!

I trained really hard and it was still not enough. Mile three on the run I was thinking, "Who the hell thinks this is fun? I paid money to do this?!"

Now that it is over, I learned to much not to do it again.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    You are insane! Well done
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 485 Member
    Congratulations! Regardless of your time, what a great accomplishment. Keep training for the next one!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Fantastic! Grats on getting the job done!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member

I trained really hard and it was still not enough. Mile three on the run I was thinking, "Who the hell thinks this is fun? I paid money to do this?!"

LOL They're addictive :bigsmile:

Race morning I always think "Why am I doing this to myself????"
    As soon as I finish I think "I can't wait to do this again!"
  • ccg1232

LOL They're addictive :bigsmile:

Race morning I always think "Why am I doing this to myself????"
    As soon as I finish I think "I can't wait to do this again!"

I just need to get my weight down so they are more fun
  • BigG1978
    BigG1978 Posts: 54 Member
    Well done, top effort!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!