7 Day Water challenge? Starting 8/11

Options
Anyone up for a 7 day water challenge starting next Monday? I read this article and I thought it was phenomenal.
My goal is to drink at least 80oz of water per day starting on Monday. Anyone else want to do that with me or even top that?

Here's the article that I read: http://phenomenalfitness.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/woman-drinks-100oz-of-water-everyday-her-results-will-shock-you/

(side note: I hate those articles that have in their titles: "THIS WILL SHOCK YOU!"... but I think the point is well-made in this article! LOL!)

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that's just well nonsense. Those pictures just show nothing they are taken differently one is obviously lit in a way to make her skin look far better as for the rest of the article its just hear say there is not actual science or measurable difference. Do it if you want as it wont hurt you but don't expect any miracles your body has a perfectly good method to tell you if you need fluids it's called thirst
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    OK. I take it you don't want to do the challenge? LOL! :):tongue:

Also, I've read in more authoritative articles that if you're thirsty then you're already dehydrated. It won't make you look 10 years younger, no, but I think it will make you a healthier person by far! :):drinker:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    OK. I take it you don't want to do the challenge? LOL! :):tongue:

Also, I've read in more authoritative articles that if you're thirsty then you're already dehydrated. It won't make you look 10 years younger, no, but I think it will make you a healthier person by far! :):drinker:

You should probably read this.

http://www.npr.org/2008/04/03/89323934/five-myths-about-drinking-water
  • daintiest
    Options
    What you have to remember is these days there's so much contradicting research about what's good for you and what isn't,
    people change their minds every day about the latest "superfood" etc. and different things will work differently for different people.
    Speaking from experience, I can say that water does make me feel a lot better, fresher and healthier and during my adolescence especially a couple of months of drinking the correct amount of fluids really cleared up my skin.
    While I agree that the first article may be exaggerating, and even if the effects of water have been blown out of proportion over time it's fair to say that while not EVERYTHING you read is true, you'll most certainly do more good than harm by drinking enough water. Sure, you won't look ten years younger, but you will feel healthier. Basically, I don't think it's fair to disregard the water challenge as stupid because it won't work miracles.
    Good luck with your challenge!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Let's do the challenge with alcohol instead.... it will make a much more entertaining thread.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Let's do the challenge with alcohol instead.... it will make a much more entertaining thread.

In!
  • cjajsmith
    cjajsmith Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hilarious LoneWolfRunner..love it.

I need to drink more water but not sure I could manage 80 oz.......
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much 80 oz is ( we use metric here) but cant see any benifit in drinking more than you need so this seems a rather pointless challenge to me.