Homemade Fruit Rollups

Options
What to do with a bowl full of very ripe nectarines? Make Homemade All Natural Fruit Roll-ups! Tastes so good and no added preservatives or chemicals.

About 2 cups of chopped fruit cooked with 1 cup of water. Bring it to room temp and add 1 tablespoon or less of honey and a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice. I used half a lime. Poured it onto some parchment paper lined pans and let it dry out in the oven. It made two pans. 26 Calories each.

d0db5026-82b3-4610-a754-adbcd2684cfa_zps2da743fe.jpg

recipe_zps07401a66.jpg

Replies

• kaycarre
    kaycarre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. I know what I am going to try the next time I have ripe fruit. Thanks for sharing.
  • ch1ckpea1
    Options
    Looks delicious. I know what I am going to try the next time I have ripe fruit. Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. I want to try it with mangos next time :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Oooooh thank you! My daughter loves them but they are hard to find where we live. I won't eat the box ones but I would definitely eat those too.

What temp do you set the oven at, and roughly how long does it take for them to dry out? Thanks again.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    What temperature did you put them in the oven and for how long approximately? Did you boil the fruit with the water?
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I made a mango plum and honeydew melon version of this earlier in the year, was soo yummy! Must make it again soon!. I boiled my fruit up with water, pureed it, cooked it down till it was reduced by one third, then put it in our dehydrator. It took soooo long to dry out though, so I will try the oven at a low temp next time.