Don't Quit

Options
Sherry1979, one of my way cool MFP friends, posted this today. I found it inspiring and thought I would share.

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down And you feel like the biggest failure in town; When you want to give up just because you gave in And forget all about being healthy and thin So What! You went over a bit; It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit. It's a moment of truth, It's an attitude change; It's learning the skills to get back in your range; It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now; You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."

It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal; You're still going to make it, just stay in control. To stumble and fall is not a disgrace If you summon the will to get back in the race; But, often the strugglers when losing their grip Just throw in the towel and continues to slip And learn too late when the damage is done That the race wasn't over and they still could have won. Life-style change can be awkward and slow But facing each challenge will help you to grow; Success is failure turned inside out The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.

When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit; If you bite it you write it... but don't you quit! When things go wrong, as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all uphill, When the funds are low and the debts are high And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest! if you must - but never quit.

Life is odd, with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about When he might of won if he'd stuck it out; Stick to your task, though the pace seems slows- You may succed with one more blow. Success is failure turned inside out- The silver tint of the clouds of doubt- And you may never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems afar; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-

It's when things seem worse that YOU MUSN'T QUIT

Here's to healthier selves, lifestyle changes, and successful journeys for all of us! :)

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing
  • aysegul2
    Options
    I was about to quit yesterday. But in the morning I decided to try. I still need to change things but at least I am one day closer now.
  • tdavenport
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Needed the inspiration!
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I'll be referring back to this frequently. Thanks! :)
  • SERIOUS2
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, very inspiring. I will print this and post it on my mirror as a constant reminder that I can reach my goal no matter what. Thanks again.
  • aysegul2
    Options
    Thanks.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. We all feel like quitting at different times in our lives. This is a great reminder not to.

I WILL FINISH THIS JOURNEY. I WILL SUCCEED BECAUSE I LOVE ME. too me a long time to beleive that i deserve health and happiness