Correct daily calories from food

Options
I need help setting up my goals on MYFITNESSPAL
OK so I went to the TDEE calculator and found out how many calories I need to eat per day based on my age activity level etc

This number is 1476.

However if I add in exercise in MFP it doesn't Calcutta properly as the TDEE figure already accounts for my exercise

So 1476 calories takes into account 4 workouts per week. But if I put in my calorie goal as 1476 and I eat exactly 1476 calories and then burn 200 calories at the gym it will say I'm under my calorie goal for the day by 200
But according to TDEE I went be under - I'll be on track to lose weight. ... I'm confused

Replies

• Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The 1470 takes into account your your normal daily activities level and the weight loss deficit, but not your stated exercise plans. Exercise is counted only after it is logged.
  • Diva_79
    Diva_79 Posts: 66
    Options
    The 1470 takes into account your your normal daily activities level and the weight loss deficit, but not your stated exercise plans. Exercise is counted only after it is logged.

But the TDEE calculator asked me how many times per week I am exercising so doesn't that mean that it has already factored exercise in?

OK so my question is do I only eat 1470 every day with 4 workouts pet week or do I need to consume more calories on the days that I exercise
  • Diva_79
    Options
    OK I get it now
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you want to track your exercise but are doing TDEE then just enter your exercise calories as 1 or 2.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Or just ignore it and look at the total line in your food diary.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? (age, weight, height, etc.)

And your TDEE already includes your exercise so you SHOULD NOT log it into MFP. Just eat your TDEE every single day to maintain weight. If you want to lose weight, then take your TDEE and subtract 5%-20%.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    The TDEE is an estimate only. Every body is different. Try a plan for 2 - 3 weeks to see what happens at the scale. Adjust as necessary.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    not only TDEE, but pretty much anything you can get from an online calculator.
    The TDEE is an estimate only. Every body is different. Try a plan for 2 - 3 weeks to see what happens at the scale. Adjust as necessary.
  • Diva_79
    Options
    What are your stats? (age, weight, height, etc.)

And your TDEE already includes your exercise so you SHOULD NOT log it into MFP. Just eat your TDEE every single day to maintain weight. If you want to lose weight, then take your TDEE and subtract 5%-20%.

Thank you! This explained exactly what I was looking for

I'm 35, female
    59 kilos
    163 cms
    Waistline 90cms
    Hips 97cms
    nody fat percentage 27.6