daily goal or weekly goal..??

Options
:flowerforyou: I'm 5ft 1 inch 26yrs female with 10more Kgs to loose to my goal weight.I usually try to follow daily calorific level of 1200.but in some weeks (specially in celebration days) I just go above my daily calories about 300-500 . instead of feeling guilty about that for whole week I like to consider the weekly calory amount (in my case - 8400per week) and try to compensate those extra calories by eating bit less in other days of the week.usually I do not eat my exercise calories back.and I measure and weigh all of my portions with a kitchen scale and add calories to my diary from the pinch of pepper I use. I hope you'al would help me in this situation.. thanks -- cheers...

Replies

• synchrohobbit
    synchrohobbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also look at weekly caloric intake. Some days I'm just hungrier than other days, and as you said, some days you have more celebratory or otherwise special occasion food available, and maybe the next day you have your healthy meals all laid out. I would reconsider eating back your exercise calories, though....you don't want to get into a spot where you aren't fueling your lean muscle mass.
  • eranganm8
    eranganm8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I also look at weekly caloric intake. Some days I'm just hungrier than other days, and as you said, some days you have more celebratory or otherwise special occasion food available, and maybe the next day you have your healthy meals all laid out. I would reconsider eating back your exercise calories, though....you don't want to get into a spot where you aren't fueling your lean muscle mass.

itz good to here that itz not just me who feels more hungry in some days. :drinker:
    the reason I'm not eating my workout calories back is that other than the gym.. most of my day is spent in sedentary style. I'm a university student and my life just revolves around the classes, lectures and the library.. :ohwell: so I like to keep aside my workout calories aside to feel the day like healthy one.. :wink:
  • eranganm8
    eranganm8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump..!
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think your routine is fine, other than I agree you should eat back your exercise calories. By not doing so, your body is using more muscle for fuel as well as fat which means you are losing more muscle mass. This is not what you want when losing weight- you want to encourage your body to use mostly fat stores for energy. Yes, it might take a little longer, but the results will be better.

I also lead a pretty sedentary life working in and office and not walking much. However, as my goal is to lose weight while trying to maintain muscle mass and gain strength, I eat back my exercise calories. I also feel this contributes to me living a more sustainable lifestyle as I can reward myself and eat more after working out. If I ate 1200 calories every day is burn out pretty quick. My routine is to net 1350 calories a day.