PF Chang's

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,341 Member
Going to PF Chang's tonight...looking for recommendations on what to order so that I don't mess up my weight loss endeavor. Any suggestions appreciated!

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
  • PMA140
    PMA140 Posts: 60
    Options
    Not sure about calories but the lettuce wraps for appetizer are delicious!!!
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want. So you go over a bit, it's one meal, on one day. Enjoy the time out, and keep to your goal tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that, and so on.

Habits are the big thing here. Break the bad habit of eating more than you burn *every day* and create the good habit of healthy eating and activity.

Also, if it helps, think of it as a corporate budget. MFP gives you a daily* allotment of calories. You spend the calories, or you lose them. Every once in a great while, someone comes along and says, You know what, this is really needed for your department, and here are the funds to pay for it. It's a one time purchase, so the next day you're back to the same old budget. But you get the benefit of that one time purchase. In this case, the one time purchase is a pleasant evening out with friends or family, and you reap the enjoyment of spending that time with people, and not spending it stressing about calories. :)

*-I know some people go by the week, instead of the day. If they balance at the end of the week, they're happy. That allows for absorbing a night out better than the daily, but it's still the same thing overall.

Also, if you still want to plan ahead, here is their nutrition info: https://www.pfchangs.com/images/nutritional info/pfc_national_nutrition.html so go there and figure out how much you have to work with.

Enjoy yourself. :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wrapped lettuce.

Seriously though, ain't much low calorie goodness to be had there. Best to just enjoy a meal that you want, and not what your diary wants.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm Chilean sea bass
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    The only time I ate there, I got some horrible stomach issues immediately following. So did the rest of my group.

With that in mind, I say eat whatever you want cause it won't be in you for long.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Make note of their menus. Their portion sizes are HUGE, and therefore many are easily 1,000 each.
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing everytime....Spicy green beans, spinach with garlic, and one of Chang's specialty...Mongolian beef is good. Now i'm hungry
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions - ended up only going over by a little bit...the web link helped me pick out what I wanted in advance.
  • niyohn
    niyohn Posts: 9
    Options
    You are going out and eating with friends. If you are eating well at home and on every other meal, it is fine to splurge on one day!
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What did you end up ordering?

I plan on going there tomorrow evening and have already logged the lettuce wraps as my meal...LOVE them!! :)
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am going here tonight - any updates? ;)