Need help finding exercises I enjoy.

I am 19 years old and I work as a waitress, I spend all day on my feet walking around in circles (literally.) When I get off work, I find it hard to make myself go to the gym or even get off the couch :P I like to dance (not very good ;)) but what are some other good exercises I may find enjoyable other than just going to the gym?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Dancing is great exercise. Dance-related aerobics like Zumba are also fun.

Other than that, geez, there's a whole world of stuff to do to get yourself moving...biking, swimming, hiking, walking, running, skating...basically anything that gets your body in motion and your heart rate up.

Also, lifting heavy weights can have an amazing impact on a woman's body.
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Might I suggest your getting a good bike and riding to and from work. I ride about 20 miles per day, sometimes more. That way, when you get home, you are done your exercise for the day. :smile:
  • MarkShr
    MarkShr Posts: 2
    Pretty sure the most enjoyable thing about any exercise is who you do it with.

If you play team sports, you'll know what I mean.

When I was in college and had friends who enjoyed tennis and our local courts had floodlights so we could play as late as we wanted, I'd play till the point of exhaustion since it was so much fun to play with friends.

I even managed to train and finish a half marathon by training with a group of people. I don't know how I did those tempo runs after work twice a week or those long runs on Sunday morning.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    hmmmm... if you like to dance... nothin better than dance. either go dancing but dont drink (much)... or dance in your living room through your favorite playlist...

you can get all official and do zumba or something... barre is one that i havent tried but is dance related.

there are also bollywood style aerobics that are cool...

and belly dancing...