Post holiday weigh in....

Options
So, tomorrow is weigh in day ! I have been away on holiday for a week and unable to indulge my addictions to the scales. First thing I will do when I get in will be pee, strip and weigh in. It won't count as a proper weigh in as I usually do it first thing in the morning after pee, before makeup and contact lenses ! I have been super good this week. Not a single cheat and a good long walk every day. I BETTER have lost something !

Replies

• waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I spent a great week at butlins last week. Didn't worry about weight gain or calories and put on 3.5 lbs in a week. It was a small price to pay for the first 'break' from my diet in 6 months and I'm confident I'll shed that as quick as I gained it.

Bottom line. Don't worry if you gained, it was after all a holiday
    Good luck :)
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    waw, never thought about my lenses. How much would I weigh without them?
    To me, post holiday weights don't count, as my body always slips into a different toilet routine...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    After our latest Cruise to the Baltic, I weighed in 10 days after returning to find I had actually lost .2lbs so I'm lighter than I was before the holiday :-D yeehaaaaaa

I was extra good when away though, didn't have any of the wonderful breads/croissants readily available and we did around 20000 steps per day plus I did enjoy 4 course meals every night :)

For me its better to still have caution when it comes to food portions/choices even when on holiday.

Plus I had extra incentive to try and not gain as my son's getting married soon and my dress has to fit me perfectly :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I went away for 2 weeks all-inclusive, had whatever I wanted, came back 10lbs heavier but was miraculously back to my pre-holiday weight within 10 days just by following my usual routine. It may put a blip in your timeline but needn't be disastrous - and we all need a good holiday! We jokingly call it a 'Nutritional Boost'
  • thinpip
    thinpip Posts: 33
    Options
    Haha elke, I may not weigh less without lenses, but I certainly look slimmer !
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Just bite the bullet and get on the scales :) Better to face up to any weight gain now than put it off any longer. When I last gained weight, it was through being afraid of the scales when I knew I'd put on a little weight, these days I'm merciless! lol
  • thinpip
    Options
    Iloseltyes, I am not scared to go on the scales -the hard part has been not having any scales for the past week. I think I am a scales oholic ! :laugh:
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Iloseltyes, I am not scared to go on the scales -the hard part has been not having any scales for the past week. I think I am a scales oholic ! :laugh:

Haha, now that I can empathise with. I weigh myself daily first thing in the morning, and it can be quite addictive, even though I know my weight plateaus for 3/ 4 days at a time before shifting a pound, lol. My curiousity has even taken me to weighing at other points during the day just to see what sort of fluctuation levels happen during the day, lol :)
  • thinpip
    Options
    Me too. I used to be worse, any time I was passing the scales, I'd hop on. I try to limit it to once a day now.