My super dumb victory ...

Options
emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
Ok...so its dumb... hehe but humor me.....

All summer when I went to the running course, they would always have us do the typical quad stretch (you know the one that you grab your leg behind you).... and all summer I was embarrased because my fat little legs would not allow me to do this stretch.
So I would always try... and then give up because I was too embarrased.

Even through the winter, after my long runs my friend would have to help me... I just wasnt able to do it.

New running class started last week ... NOPE still couldnt do it. Smaller class and now it was obvious I couldnt do it... instructor embarrased meby pointing it out... and then stating it was easy ... GRR...

So today ... I ran 5 miles... and just for fun I thought I would try ...

Holy crap... I can do it on BOTH sides!! Im amazed!! :)

Replies

• Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!! that is truly awesome .....keep it up!!! :happy:
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! :)
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Thats an amazing victory! Congrates!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! keep up the good work!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That's not dumb at all. That is wonderful! It's the smallest victories that add to make it all great!
  • riverkit
    riverkit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's not dumb. It's wonderful. And that stretch is not easy for a lot of people. There are many variations for that reason. Congratulations and don't let silly people hold you back. :)
  • hellotini
    Options
    This is not a dumb victory! That is great. Keep up the good work!
  • resptech97
    Options
    A victory is a victory no matter how small....or super dumb!...which this isnt!!
  • superjarrod1616
    superjarrod1616 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It is the "super dumb victories" that keep us all going. Good job!
  • Ddavis1967
    Ddavis1967 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I dont find it at all dumb! Way to go you! :bigsmile:
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, imagine how you'll feel once that's a normal thing for you.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!! WTG girlie!!!
  • naturalval
    Options
    That's awesome... Congratulations!

And I would have told the instructor off (privately)... it is not easy if you have back or hip flexibility issues, like I do. An instructor should never center out or put down anyone in a class.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    You have TWO victories to celebrate! One is being able to do the stretch. The other is that you didn't kick that instructor in the teeth for making fun of you.
  • trzickus
    Options
    Way to go!! That is so amazing!! :)
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This victory is yours!!!! Awesome.
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Totally NOT a dumb victory!!! Congratulations!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You have TWO victories to celebrate! One is being able to do the stretch. The other is that you didn't kick that instructor in the teeth for making fun of you.

And you my dear ...... are my absolute favorite. I actually laughed out loud reading your post.
    Um yeah ... she loudly said ... OH you CANT DO IT! And then tried to show me how to grab my leg in the front and twist it behind (disaster) and by this time my face was red..... so she just gave me a rope...
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    i'd slap the instructor for pointing it out.

but. WOO

i noticed after about 2 months of strength training that I could do that a lot easier, with just putting my leg back and grabbing it one handed. that being said. I am pretty flexible for my size (I can, if I would like to, chew my own toe nails).

Maybe some yoga would help make you more flexible? STILL> MAJOR WIN. and not silly ;)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

And you my dear ...... are my absolute favorite. I actually laughed out loud reading your post.
    Um yeah ... she loudly said ... OH you CANT DO IT! And then tried to show me how to grab my leg in the front and twist it behind (disaster) and by this time my face was red..... so she just gave me a rope...

How rude of her. I would have probably said some *ahem* choice words to her and walked out of her class. To embarrass someone who is in a freaking FITNESS class and trying to get healthy is NOT a good motivator!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!