The Beach Body Race

littlemissunderstood
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
*If you haven't already joined the group see the recruiting thread here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/156891-anyone-wanna-race-me-to-a-beach-body or just message me and I will add your name to the list

Rules (slightly modified for clarity and to meet concerns):

1. Keep the conditions constant at your weigh days. If you normally fluctuate, take that into account. Try to drink lots the day before weigh days and pee prior to weighing yourself, weigh naked, make sure your scale is set properly, and so forth.
2. You MUST eat a minimum of 1000 calories. This is simply to keep the competition from spiraling into unhealthy ed style weight loss. You may eat whatever sort of food you like.
3. you can exercise as much as you like
5. no pills, not even over-the-counter, including laxatives and appetite suppresants BUT you're welcome to eat lots of fibre and drink coffee if you so choose
6. When you lose, report to this thread
7. The winner will be the first to lose 5lbs
8. Subsequent competitions will be arranged and declared once we have a winner
9. The competition is a democracy, feel free to express concerns, suggestions and opinions. You have a voice. I will try to meet everyone's needs.

Remember: This is about becoming healthier, happier and (if we're being entirely honest here) prettier. Winning is not as important as achieving your goals honestly and helping others to do so.

Competitors:

* to find a competitors page, simply type in http://www.myfitnesspal.com/username
RochelleBlack
JackieGenery
Liberiangirl2011
DaniWynn
quadgirl46
Missy6
RootedRedwood
ngeela
fixpc
and moi: Littlemissunderstood

I may have missed some of you who did not reply to the thread. Just let me know and I will add you :)

It is recommended that you post your daily intake and exercise for comparison, motivation and science (I for one, want to know what the winners were eating). It is also recommended that your food journal be made public.

Let the games begin!!!!!

Replies

• Ok, so I realize it's a little lame that I'm the first to post on my own thread, but I wanted to give an example of what you might wish to share during the "program."

For my personal weight loss plan, I intend to eat completely clean. "Clean" is a bit of a buzzword that has a lot of baggage though. What I mean is that I am not going to eat any bread (especialy white!), added sweeteners - even natural ones like honey and maple syrup, or any other sort of refined food. Essentially I am going to eat beans and veggies as I am already vegan. No chips, no chocolate. Yes, I am going to have cravings at first but they always go away.

My inspiration: indulging a temptation does not make it go away, it quiets it for a while then brings it back stronger than ever (not catchy, but so true)
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    how do you make the diary pulic so others can read it?

EDIT: dont worry i found it in the end!
  • ngeela
    ngeela Posts: 4
    how do we make our food diary public?
  • ngeela
    ngeela Posts: 4
    btw i intend to eat anything and everything i want in moderation (meaning i will only eat 1600 calories a day)...lol lets see if that strategy will work for me.
  • To make your diary setting public, click food on the big tool bar at the top, the on the little toolbar below it press "settings", then scroll down and you should see "diary sharing" and then press either my friends can see or everyone can see.

Hahaaha yes that works for me in that I lose weight, but a lot of healthy foods are hard to eat in moderation. The more chips you eat, the more chips you want, at least until you're stuffed. Also, I'm trying to be healthier too! But whatever works for you. My mother was overweight and she lost loads only eating when she was physically hungry but ANYTHING she wanted when she was.

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention exercise, didn't I? Let's see, I love the arc trainer. I can burn over 500cals/45 minutes on it! I might also take some classes like bootcamp, probably core conditioning tonight. I wanna be toned!

ALSO, I am still 134lbs, so my objective is to get to 129.
  • How close is the arc trainer to the elliptical? they just added them to my gym but I've yet to use them...
  • fixpc
    fixpc Posts: 21
    ok 205 pounds at 8:00am it's on
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    166.2 at 730 am.
  • How close is the arc trainer to the elliptical? they just added them to my gym but I've yet to use them...

They are very similar. The elliptical feels more like the motions of running and the arc-trainer like cross-country skiing though both are low-impact. Personally, I can burn many more calories on the arc-trainer and do not find it vastly more challenging although it took me a few trips to be able to do it for long. Now I can do 45+!

Also, dunno how much exercise I'm gonna be doing for a while as I am kinda sick. I would still like to go to the gym, gonna try!
  • JulieWulie81
    JulieWulie81 Posts: 39 Member
    133.2lbs at 01:00pm - I work night shift so this is my morning. I am a bit annoyed with the fact that I weighed 130.8 yesterday and today I am up more than 2lbs, even after exercising and eating about 1000cal. I know it is all water related but sheesh! I might be the first to gain 5lbs! LOL

I think the 5lb finish line is a good first goal, but do you all think after that we could extend the competition to most weight lost in a month? I'm looking long term here and so far this has helped me with my food motivation.
    GL everyone!

They are very similar. The elliptical feels more like the motions of running and the arc-trainer like cross-country skiing though both are low-impact. Personally, I can burn many more calories on the arc-trainer and do not find it vastly more challenging although it took me a few trips to be able to do it for long. Now I can do 45+!

Also, dunno how much exercise I'm gonna be doing for a while as I am kinda sick. I would still like to go to the gym, gonna try!

Do you choose a specific program on it? Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow. I like the biggest bang for my buck! :-)
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    7.30am and i weighed 77.1kg (169.9 pounds).
  • 1/23/11 6 am 151.8 pounds:yawn:
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Down 1 lb since we started, how is everyone else doing? :flowerforyou:
  • I haven't lost lbs still. Apparently it won't show on the scale for a bit :( which is pretty irritating cos I work out lots EVERY DAY and I stay within the calorie budget or close to it. Oh, well. I'm less (I hate this word) "flabby." Hopefully soon I start to see a more tangible difference on the scale. Good luck with your own diets anyway.
  • JulieWulie81
    JulieWulie81 Posts: 39 Member
    Well i'm 130lbs today which is down 3.2lbs since our official weigh in day (where I was 133.2lbs). But I don't really feel like it should count because the day before our weigh in day I was 130.8....so i'm going with 0.8lbs lost since the rest was just water weight.
This discussion has been closed.