low carb success?

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Currently just using measuring cups and spoons but no scale...yet. veggies are going to be added when i can get back to the store (hopefully today!)

Pick up a food scale and weigh your foods. This is the only real way to being accurate. i was personally amazed by how off I was when I used mainly cups to measure.

But out of curiosity, if you want to provide your height, weight, age, workout routine and any medical conditions we can look into your calories to see if you are on track.
  • suprangela79
    suprangela79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started with low carb this week (8/4 was my first day) and I've dropped 5 lbs already. Yes, I know it's water weight but it's a great motivator for me. I keep my carbs less than 60 g/day. My diary is open if you'd like to take a look. Feel free to add me to!
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    What matters is your calorie deficit, not your "carb deficit". And please be careful what you eat. Food is a package deal - it's best to get your protein from plant sources.

Protein is protein. Getting essential amino acids from plants or animals is fine. Best is a silly qualifier in this regard.

I'd say the last 2.5 million years of human existence would argue that meat is a great source of protein as well.

Also, the nurses studies are complete jokes. Epidemiological studies are a waste of every ones time. They only produce hypothesis-generating data and do nothing to actually prove anything. They largely fail to handle confounding data and only establish correlation instead of causation. The correlation they found is constantly weak and biased. The lessons we learned from hormone replacement therapy nightmare and low-fat diet debacles should be enough to cause anyone to pause before accepting any epidemiological data.
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Weight is 208 height 5'2" currently doing T25 and have hypo thyroid that's it

Pick up a food scale and weigh your foods. This is the only real way to being accurate. i was personally amazed by how off I was when I used mainly cups to measure.

But out of curiosity, if you want to provide your height, weight, age, workout routine and any medical conditions we can look into your calories to see if you are on track.
    [/quote]