What do you do?

Options
When you want to eat and not exercise? I'm only a a few shy of being at my 1200 for the day, I have not done any exercise and don't have any desire too. I have had a crappy day and I just want to eat. How to you over come your comfort eating?

Replies

• SERIOUS2
    Options
    If you are going to eat, try eating healthy so you won't do 2 much damage and feel guilty afterwards. When I don't feel like exercising I push myself to do something even if it's not much like say 25 jumping jacks or 10 minutes of running in place because if I don't I will just feel guilty about not doing anything at all.
  • MrsMedeiros
    Options
    I drink 8 oz of water when I get a craving that I know will put me over or I won't burn by exercising. It fills you up reall quick. Make sure you try and drink the recommened 8 cups a day. It has helped me from snacking uncontrollably. Also I have found some healthy alternatives to the unhealthy snacks I used to know and love. Don't deny yourself altogether because it will only make your craving stronger. Just stick to one portion or half of a portion if you must.
  • biancafitzsimmons
    Options
    My only advice is to keep busy and get outside (if you can). I honestly works. It doesn't have to be full on exercise, just a walk or a play in the park with the kids. It really does make you have a better day/outlook.

Good luck... I totally understand the feeling! Just keep reminding yourself, its worth it!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I give myself two days off every week where I don't exercise or worry about my calorie goal. I don't go crazy, I still keep it healthy and any "junk food" is eaten in moderation. But, I know I'll be eating certain foods once I've lost the weight, so I eat them now. And one or two little indulgences won't hurt your long term goals. I've consistently lost at least 1 pound per week.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    ieieieie good question....I think I hop on the computer and chat with a friend.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    You could try some hot tea - hot liquids make you feel fuller. Unless you are truly hungry, then you should have some food.

As for the not exercising and feeling crappy, it's a self-propagating thing. Working out will naturally make you feel better from the endorphins. Sometimes you just gotta get yourself to do something, especially if you are feeling down, it may just be the thing you need. Even something as simple as get up and put some stuff away, fold laundry, clean the bathroom mirror.

Good luck!
  • buibear88
    buibear88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Focus on how bad/guilty you will feel after indulging. Trust me its much worse than the feelings of temptation.

Also eating fresh fruit really helps me as does drinking a glass of water. Remember your goals and why you are on this journey...it will get easier! You can do it!
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support, you got me through it. Since no one said "go pop that frozen pizza in the oven and eat the whole thing", I did as instructed and got up. I did start with a snack though (only a 100 calorie pack of chips) ,but then I made some tune salad and hard boiled eggs for my lunch the next 2 days. I also made extra eggs for my Boys (Saint Bernards) it was my 4 mth old puppies first one, so watching him wonder what to do with it and chase it around the floor really helped change my mind frame. After they settled back down I got my hula hoop out, because off all the exercises I do, that one's fun, I did that for 20 mins. Thanks again.

As far as the fruits and veggies go, I never been one to eat those, but did try and apple earlier. My Boys were happy I didn't like it because they sure did:smile:

And going outside at 12 am when it's only 10 degrees out is out of the question!!!
  • Loribell23
    Options
    Close the kitchen. Just say it's off limits! Stick a piece of gum in my mouth and if it's after 9pm, I just go to bed! lol