is there such s thing as a meal that's healthy and yummy?

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs, sushi, pizza, etc. There's so many different combinations. You just have to account for the calories and whether or not they are meeting your macro/micro nutrient daily values.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options

I agree!! I haven't made a recipe of hers in awhile, so this is a nice reminder to check out her site again :) My favorite are the lemon blueberry muffins... so delicious! Lots of good meal recipes too though.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I make baked chicken breast in my dutch over with 1 tbsp olive oil in the bottom, 3 tomatoes cut in quarters and 1/2 onion chopped with 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts season with natures season, fennel seed (its my secret to everything) and cracked pepepr. Bake at 350 for 35-45 mins. Then make zoodles (zuchinni noodles) with chopped mushrooms and asparagus or bell peppers put in a dish with olive oil and natures season roast for 25 minutes at 450 and then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what exactly is your definition of healthy in terms of meal? low cal?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    what exactly is your definition of healthy in terms of meal? low cal?

^^This and... what are the things you tried that you didn't care for? What sorts of foods does your 6 year old eat?

There are so many recipes available online - it really just depends on what you and your family like, you can make just about anything healthier with some modifications.
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    All of these look great!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Pizza.
  • oldantired
    oldantired Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Kitchen tested....spouse approved.

Spicy LemonTurmeric
    Chicken and Vegetables
    Serves: 6
    * 1 tablespoon ground cumin
    * 1 tablespoon paprika
    * 1 tablespoons turmeric
    * 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more to taste
    * 1 whole lemon
    * One 3 1/2 pound freerange
    broiler/ fryer chicken skinned and trimmed of excess fat, rinsed and patted dry
    * 1 large onion, chopped
    * 5 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    * 1 pound carrots, chopped
    * 2 red bell peppers, chopped
    * 1 can (14 ounces) fire roasted crushed tomatoes
    * 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
    1. In a small bowl, mix together the cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper and salt. Add the juice from
    one whole lemon (reserving the lemon rind) and mix well.
    2. Using your hands, apply the spice mixture generously all over the inside and outside of the bird. Stuff the
    cavity of the chicken with half of the onions, half of the garlic and half of the cilantro.
    3. Place the remaining onions, garlic and cilantro in the bottom of a 5 or 6quart
    slow cooker. Add the
    carrots, bell pepper and crushed tomatoes. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt to taste. Place
    the chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours or on high for approximately
    4 hours, or until the meat pulls easily away from the bones.