Protein powder suggestions

Options
jdyer90
jdyer90 Posts: 15 Member
So I just ran out of my protein powder. I had been using the Nutribiotic 80% vegan vanilla rice protein powder which contains 60 calories per 1 heaping tbsp., 0g of fat, and 12g of protein. The stuff is just so expensive I'm afraid to get something new and hate it. I'm obviously not using it as a meal replacement and am not looking for a meal replacement shake, just something to add to my smoothie to keep me fuller longer. Suggestions are helpful! (I love adding spinach to my smoothies so no chocolate or different flavored powders please, just vanilla or no flavor).

Just throwing it out there, I just stumbled upon PB2 (peanut butter powder). I add it to my smoothies and it totally masks the spinach or kale flavor. It only has 1.5 grams of fat and 45 calories for 2 tbsp.! If you haven't heard of it try it! It's now my new staple in every smoothie (or stir fry)!

Replies

• kingmikedabeast
    kingmikedabeast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Isopure low carb, or Isopure zero carb, 25g protein/105-110calories, easy on the stomach
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress...it's like $18 at Walmart, 30ish servings and 30 grams of protein. And PB2 in a stir fry???? You are a genius!! Thank you!!!!!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I also use the Body Fortress from Walmart. Even get it at a discount grocer we have here in Nor Cal for $15. I buy the chocolate and mix in a tsp of the PB2 for a yummy Reese's cup tasting protein shake.
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i use optimum nutrition and its good. if your worried about not liking something make sure to shop at GNC if you don't like it you can return it. i returned a strawberry flavour as it was just plain dreadful
  • kksmom8
    kksmom8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Where is the best pace to buy ISOPure and the PB2, I'm new to protein powders, would like to try a couple.
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you have a powerful blender, adding a couple tablespoons of hemp seeds (you can buy in bulk on Amazon.com, iherb.com, or most Whole foods/trader joes/wegmans locations) will add a lot of protein & healthy fats =)
  • jdyer90
    jdyer90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The PB2 I like I can only find on Amazon. The name Is PB2, my sister found some at BJ's (can't remember the name of it) but it had a higher fat content. The one I use has 1.5g of fat, she found one with 4.5g, not that big of a difference.