I want to lift, but I get too big

Options

Replies

• JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I want to learn, but I just get too smart. I stopped reading books because I almost built a time machine in my garage one weekend; which could have totally screwed up the time-space continuum for everyone.

You are all welcome. :flowerforyou:

^^^ perfect.
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I want to learn, but I just get too smart. I stopped reading books because I almost built a time machine in my garage one weekend; which could have totally screwed up the time-space continuum for everyone.

You are a kind and generous soul.

Sometimes my gains go to my penis. Lately it's been a problem when I take a poop and my manhood starts touching the water. It's horrible, man. Horrible...
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ufockingwut?
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Nevermind, I forgot what website I was on. Thanks for your help.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

I rarely comment on these kinds of thread, but gottdam, that was some funny shizz!
  • LotusAsh
    Options
    there is no way you are gaining muscle and eating 1800 calories a day. you aren't even logging correctly. .. troll fail
  • LotusAsh
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It looks like you don't fill out your diary completely. How do you know you are eating 1800 (which is kinda low for a man, to begin with)

I have been on MFP for many years and pretty much know what I am eating and where I am thru a day.

You've been on MFP for "many years"...

...and yet you still believe that this problem of eating in a deficit and gaining too much muscle actually exists?

:huh:
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would be very interested to know how much muscle you can gain. Obviously it's nigh on impossible to be accurate here but humour me... In lbs how much muscle (lbm) do you believe you can you gain in let's say, a month . (As in you gain 5lbs but X lbs of this is muscle)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

What do you honestly expect to get as an answer? People gain muscle in a surplus. You don't track religiously. You're insisting you "know what you eat."

Substitute the "I keep getting big from lifting" to "I don't know why I'm gaining weight!" and you'd get the same answers. I'd add that, outside of the very real issue of not tracking consistently, your "big" issue could be water retention like all the other posts of people claiming to be at a deficit but "gaining muscle," regardless of sex.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

You are a kind and generous soul.

Sometimes my gains go to my penis. Lately it's been a problem when I take a poop and my manhood starts touching the water. It's horrible, man. Horrible...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really sound like a problem, but when I lift a lot, I tend to gain quickly. I know its muscle and I can't complain about that, but its not really what I want. But I do love lifting weights, I love lifting heavy weights and I love going to the gym. Do I need to take days off the weights and just do cardio style workouts or something else?

LOL
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

right.

its NOT the one where people believe you're harvesting all teh gainz on a deficit.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    That's what Bieber said......

110112_justin_bieber_flexing_muscles_lead.jpg?w=600
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Gaining too much muscle on a deficit
    82951942.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC???
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I want to run but I get way too fast at it when I decide to do it. How can I run slower and still run?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    It looks like you don't fill out your diary completely. How do you know you are eating 1800 (which is kinda low for a man, to begin with)

I have been on MFP for many years and pretty much know what I am eating and where I am thru a day.

Get your diet in order first.

Then structure your training around your goals.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really sound like a problem, but when I lift a lot, I tend to gain quickly. I know its muscle and I can't complain about that, but its not really what I want. But I do love lifting weights, I love lifting heavy weights and I love going to the gym. Do I need to take days off the weights and just do cardio style workouts or something else?

Man I wish I had your problem.
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my breasts.
    All the muscle has gone there and now I have muscular DDDD's.
    When I go to squat I get told my form is lousy because my boobs are on the floor.
    So I flipped them on to my shoulders. Now I look like I have mad traps.
    The struggle is so real.