First post & outcomes!

Options
Well, I don't know why I didn't get involved in the forums earlier as there are such inspiring people in here! I've been working on a building a healthier lifestyle for about 1.5 years now. I started with MFP and the gym, but then dropped off completely. About 4 months ago, I got back on the MFP train.

I started biking to work every day, running with my dog in the mornings, and eating "clean". I also stopped drinking (to an extent, still don't mind a beer on a hot day after a bike ride, or a scotch at night!), which has been a huge part of it for me.

I decided to get back into healthy living because my wedding is in 1 month, and I want to start off my marriage as a healthy young man who can be around for his family for as long as possible. It isn't about being skinny or looking good (ok, maybe a little). It's about being around for as long as I can, and enjoying the outdoors. We live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada, so there's no shortage of incredible things to do, which I can now do thanks to my training.

Anyway, my first big NSV brag for the week (or ever, for that matter) is that I had to take my wedding suit in for a second alteration yesterday. Even though it was tailor-made to my specific measurements 2 months ago, it simply doesn't fit right anymore. My tailor was blown away. It made me feel pretty awesome having her take the waist in almost 2 inches, slim down the vest, and take in the jacket in the sides and back.

Oh, and here's a picture of my progress. A little tough to see the before and after changes since one is close-up and the beard is in full effect, but I've gone from 200 lbs down to 160 lbs!

hv12et.jpg

I hope everyone has a fantastic and fun weekend :)

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!

Oh, and congrats on the upcoming wedding!!!
  • spychkag
    Options
    Thank you! It's coming up quick so I need to get on this a little harder than before. Using everyone here as inspiration :)
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You look great and I wish you much happiness!
  • DonnaMDaniels
    DonnaMDaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congratulations on your new healty living style and on your upcoming wedding!
  • spychkag
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the kind words!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!