stomach fat won't go away.

Options
i am now down to 219 from 227 lbs but my arms are more thin and my waist is still 45 inches and i have abdominal fat that just does not go away. i walk 2-3 miles a day. i eat baked chicken,tuna,cereal and microwaveable foods. i also drink about 1.5 liters of Pepsi a day. that is what i can afford on my budget. am i doing the right things to lose the abdominal fat? is there any way for it to go away?

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot lose. You just have to keep having a calorie deficit and working out and your stomach will eventually shrink down. For me, my stomach is always the last to go.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ditch the Pepsi!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The previous poster is correct. Your body doesn't necessarily lose fat proportionally. You may lost a ton in your arms before your middle moves at all. You just have to keep going, and it will eventually slim down.

And definitely ditch the Pepsi, or at the very least switch to diet. That's a ton of empty calories.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Often, those who have more to lose will take longer to see a difference, especially in their waist.

You lost 8#'s so far & that's a great start, but keep on keeping on & you'll lose that tummy.

PS...yeah...ditch the pepsi :laugh:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I hate Pepsi, but you don't have to ditch it. You have to continue us to lose weight if you want to lose stomach fat, and even thst is no guarantee. Just eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.

However, if you want to try for a nice toned tummy, read the link provided upstream. This . Littlefield k also promotes a calorie deficit, I believe.