DVD program to compliment my Running - P90x3? T25? Other?

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to run 3+ times a week for 45min. I am trying to lose 10lbs. I was looking for a toning workout program to complement this cardio I am doing. I was checking out P90x3 and T25, but wasn't sure if T25 would be "redundant" with the running. Alternatively, should I just pick a couple of other one-off workout DVD's to do? Something that is ~30min would work best with my schedule.

Thanks!

Replies

• imetazoa
    imetazoa Posts: 27 Member
    Thoughts?
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    I run and have done both P90X3 and did T25. I think P90X3 is more complimentary to running as it works different muscles than running. It definitely has more weight-training/strength-training. The P90X3 yoga is great for stretching out my tight calves and thighs. I think T25 helped with my speed and endurance as it is nonstop. However, I was having arch issues (may have been plantar fasciitis but didn't quite fit the usual symptoms). Since I have stopped T25, the arch pain has gone away. I thought it was a running injury but I think it was doing too much (running 4 to 5 days a week and doing T25 3 days a week).
  • imetazoa
    imetazoa Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks so much, Sundogoh!!

When you did p90x3, did you also only do it 3x a week? Or did you do the full 6 day/week program?
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    Yes, I have only been doing P90X3 about 3 times a week. I would probably benefit from doing it more often but there is the time factor and my body needs a bit of a break.