Be my buddy?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm 22, 5'3 and currently weigh 134lbs, trying to get down to 118 which would put my BMI at 21.
I don't have that much to lose, but I'm finding it kind of difficult to stick to so was wondering if anyone out there who is similar to me would like to buddy up?? I live in the UK if that makes a difference!

Jo xx

Replies

• nichole_pickle
    Options
    Hi Jo,
    I'd be happy to buddy up with you! We're in similar situations, I'm 26, live in the UK (Greater Manchester) and I've got 12lbs to lose -which doesn't seem much to some people but its enough to tip me out of the ideal BMI and into the 'overweight' section! So it's got to go! I'm 5'7''.

How are you hoping to tackle your weight loss? Healthy eating, excersise or a mix of both?

Nichole x
  • Jonquil125
    Options
    Hi Jo,
    I'd be happy to buddy up with you! We're in similar situations, I'm 26, live in the UK (Greater Manchester) and I've got 12lbs to lose -which doesn't seem much to some people but its enough to tip me out of the ideal BMI and into the 'overweight' section! So it's got to go! I'm 5'7''.

How are you hoping to tackle your weight loss? Healthy eating, excersise or a mix of both?

Nichole x

Hey Nichole!
    I'm going for the mix of both approach, but I'm not very good at planning my meals ahead so its not going too well! I've got a 5k race training schedule that I'm trying to stick to, so at least I know what exercise I'm gonna do every day. How's yours going? Is that your little girl in the pic? What a cutie! xx
  • debswilko
    debswilko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from the UK too. I'm 26, 5ft 6" and weigh 157lbs. My target is 140lbs. I'm looking for some buddies too to keep me motivated. I'm trying to plan my meals a day in advance and try doing 1 our exercise every day. Signing up at the gym tomorrow. I havent been for about 2 years so I'm expecting to be in pain on Saturday. I work shifts so find it difficult to stick to a plan every day. Hence the need to plan it the day before.
  • Jonquil125
    Options
    Sounds like you've got it pretty sorted, its a good idea to plan the day before. I'm a student in a hospital so don't really have a set timetable which makes it kind of hard to plan as well because I never know when mealtimes are gonna be or when I'm gonna be free to go for a run or to the gym. I've been trying to make time for it everyday though and its working so far! Where do you live? I'm in Wales at the moment xx
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

I'm Sue & I'm 48 - old enough to be your mother! I had foot surgery in November, seven weeks in virtual inactivity plus christmas & New Year have seen my weight balloon to 151lbs. Have managed to get down a little to 148, but would like to join up for a bit of extra encouragement. I'm 5'5" with a BMI of 24.6 (top end of healthy) . I, too, live in UK - Sevenoaks, Kent.

Not able to do much exercise yet but am using Wii Fit every day for 30 mins. Tracking food is also helping.

I'd love to be buddies with all of you!

Sue :wink:
  • Jonquil125
    Options
    Great :)
    I've got a wii, is it worth getting the wii fit programme? xx
  • debswilko
    debswilko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I live in Cumbria AKA the Lake District. I've been doing Just Dance on the Wii every day. Try and do 45 mins to 1 hour and I also have the Wii Fit plus but I only use that to keep track of weight and for Yoga/muscle exercises. I'd recommend them though. I like them because you can do it any time of the day and you can do it in your PJ's if you want. If I'm not on morning shift, I get up and do it first thing in the morning before I eat brekkie. If I don't get chance to fit it in, I do it later on at night.
  • nichole_pickle
    Options
    argh mfp got banned from my workplace pc so i wasn't able to log on, just realised i could use my phone! Anyway, sounds like we are all on a similar path at least. I am quite organised when it comes to meal planning, i do a menu at the beginning of the week and buy the food to make the meals. In fact even better my hubby has been doing the big food shop for 3 weeks which has made a huge difference, i'm not there to chuck any junk in the basket! Also i have to say taking a packed lunch to work rather than buying from the shop each day helps. hope we can all make a dent into our weight this week! Nichole x