why can't I do this?

Options
Well I was doing really well, I lost 30 pounds in about 6 months. I wasn't exercising, just eating better and watching my calories. When the weight loss plateaued I knew I was going to need to start exercising and I did. I have been using my exercise bike for at least half an hour 6 days a week for about a week. The problem is that I have started snacking after supper again. I keep telling myself that I have to stop and that I will but then I go out and buy a bag of chips or bits and bites and mindlessly munch. I was so proud of myself for having the willpower to lose weight and now I am always mad or disappointed because I am backsliding. I need to find a way to stop this madness before I ruin all my progress. Not only that, I am beginning to see myself in my 8 year old daughter. She is sneaking food and only wants to eat junk all the time. I need to get this under control so that I can set a better example for her and teach her good eating habits and not mommy's.

Replies

• angela_wolsey
    Options
    Sounds like you have done so much already! I'm proud of u for what u have accomplished, and what u want to do for ur daughter! Maybe try keeping a bottle of ice cold water around, and drink that when u feel the urge to snack. Or try thinking of healthy snacks, fruits and veggies to have on hand for ur snacks! Try to stay as possitive as u can, because feeling down and frustrated leads to alot of extra snacking. It's an awful circle thats really hard to break. I'm an amotional eater and the snacking has been the hardest thing for me to overcome! Good luck, and ur doing amazing!
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I get the flavor packets for my Ice water. 5 cals and it has a sweet taste. I get the Grape vitamin enhanced flavor, great value brand. It helps me not want to mow down on chocolate late at night lol.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Im with ya girl. I have a pack of gum in every room practically. I have to just put something in my mouth and it has really helped!!! The new dessert gum they have out is really helpful as well!! Good Luck you can do this!!
  • Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I just really need to get my head in the game and lose the rest of this weight.