Exercising 7 days a week.

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
Is it really that bad to start my day with an hour on the elliptical everyday? I wake up at 0530 everyday and I go to the gym and come home and get ready for work. I give myself a day or so "off" a month. Usually the days i don't go to the gym I have a bad day. I know that is probably a mental thing. But, my body doesn't feel run down or over worked. It actually almost always puts me in a good mood and it feels like I am starting my day off the right way. I don't feel obsessed with exercise and I have been doing this for about 5 or 6 months now. It's not hard for me to get up in the morning. It kind of feels normal. I would greatly appreciate your opinions please, thank you.

Replies

• pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I think its a great way to start the day...mentally and physically. As long as your body doesn't feel overworked, I say go for it!!

Keep it up! :happy:
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    you have lost 76 pounds right? you must be doing something right! I say it's whatever works best for you. I tend to agree that if I can get an early workout in the rest of my day does seem to go smoother! I say keep with it until it doesn't work any longer and then shake it up a bit and go after work or whatever else works for you at that time! in the mean time, keep rockin it you are doing fantabulous!
  • TopKat
    TopKat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think after 5 months your body would have indicated that you should stop already.
    keep it up, and listen to your body there may be days when you feel to have a rest.
    just go with the flow, its obviously working.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I agree with pammbroo. I too like to start my day with my work out. I wish I could go 7 days a week but do to my schedule, I can't get up early enough, 3AM to make it to my gym before work. I'd go after work but my gym is so busy after 5 that they limit time on the cardio machines and when I work out after work, I have a hard time falling asleep at a reasonable time; hence, why I go early because at 4 AM there is no time limit and like you, I feel great the whole day. I am considering going to the gym twice on Saturdays and Sundays so I can at least burn 3500 calories a week.

I think as long as you feel good and your body is feeling good and you know when your body needs a break from a work out or two, you are doing well.
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    Is it really that bad to start my day with an hour on the elliptical everyday? I wake up at 0530 everyday and I go to the gym and come home and get ready for work. I give myself a day or so "off" a month. Usually the days i don't go to the gym I have a bad day. I know that is probably a mental thing. But, my body doesn't feel run down or over worked. It actually almost always puts me in a good mood and it feels like I am starting my day off the right way. I don't feel obsessed with exercise and I have been doing this for about 5 or 6 months now. It's not hard for me to get up in the morning. It kind of feels normal. I would greatly appreciate your opinions please, thank you.

wow 76lbs, lost = no comment from me, Keep it up, it seems to be working for you :) WTG!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I worked out 7 days last week and hit it harder then I ever have and lost no weight but I lost a belt loop so no matter if I work out 6 or 7 days I still see weight loss but I dont live and die by the scale. I think your right it is a mind thing. We want so hard to get to our goal weight and we want it quick. It took us decades to keep putting on this weight. I think hitting goal in 18 months is fair =)
  • jajadrift
    Options
    cardio workout is actually beneficial first thing in the morning because it revs up your metabolism through out the day. But cardio at any time of the day is ok but recommended first thing when you wake up.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    By now your body is use to that exercise and the level you are working at.
    You may find that you can get a jump in your fitness level if you rest once in a while and push yourself harder some mornings.
    At this point I wouldn't necessarily force yourself to rest a day, perhaps try to substitute another type of training to push your body every once in a while. Your body is the best gage for how your doing, listen to it.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have been doing something every day, but I mix it up a bit. If I've done weights one day, I'll swim the next. If I'm really achey, I'll just do a brisk walk or just a bit of wii fit. Today is yoga, tomorrow Zumba!

That works for me and kees me interested and energised. I also need those workout calories to eat. Like the other poters said it's obviously working for you, well done.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    If it's working for you then I say keep it up. Listen to your body, only you know it best.

Today is day 18 for me of working out without a day off. I will take a day off when I feel my body needs a rest.

Congrats on your weight loss and all th best on your journey.

Karen
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Obviously its working for you! If you were lifting weights to muscle failure, you should rest the next day, but I still do cardio on that day. The only thing if you are still trying to loose weight, maybe your body might get used to doing the same thing over and over, you might want to mix it up a bit maybe. But again, it is working for you, and until it stops working for you, I'd keep doing what you are doing!!! Great job!!!