What do you consider "good quality" chocolate?

Options
From either a health or taste perspective?

Replies

• Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Taste. Milka or Lindt. Country of origin: Switzerland, Austria, or Germany.
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've just got into Green & Blacks - they do a sea salt milk chocolate which satisfies so many different food cravings for me. I've been working it into my macros over the past few days. A square is only 18 calories, it's more the sodium I have to budget for. Delish! :)
  • Levibrayk
    Options
    I love the Ghirardelli (spelled that wrong) 72% cocao dark chocolate. It's a little bitter, a little sweet, and one square gets me my fix.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love the Ghirardelli (spelled that wrong) 72% cocao dark chocolate. It's a little bitter, a little sweet, and one square gets me my fix.
    [ img ] http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag207/Levibrayk/667ab99c-a28a-43fc-a337-fb3f02bd47b8_zps0e928d6d.jpg [ /img ]

This is my current favorite!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lindt, Godiva, Ghirardelli, Cote d'Or... For me it's typically Swiss or Belgian chocolate. Not that Hershey crap.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Snowflake chocolate truffles (batch made in a cottage) and Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory dark chocolate (caramel sea salt and raspberry truffle). Made with all natural ingredients, And I can walk to LCC factory at lunch (30 minutes :) and I drive by Snowflake at least twice a day! Notice I said "by"!
  • strawberrycoconut87
    strawberrycoconut87 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Camino Fair Trade Chocolate = Heavenly!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The kind that gives me a boner.

wut?
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Chocolate made in Britain or Switzerland.

Even Cadbury chocolate is better in Britain.

My current, easily obtainable favourite is Lindt.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli, any of the dark chocolate varieties. I keep a stockpile of it for any time I need a little extra fat to hit my macros or just need a quick sugar fix. Also love the Lindt Lindor Truffles. Sometimes I still have some Reese's minis just for the peanut butter chocolate goodness but for quality I stick to other two.
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Living in Switzerland myself, I am kind of partial to Lindt, Cailler or Belgian chocolates......mmmm
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Just has to be semi-sweet or dark.
  • gadoal
    gadoal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    (1) Swiss Chocolate
    (2) Better with more cacao and less milk or butter (I love Lindt Excellence 80%, but there are also 90% and 98% which are "dry" ones and you will need to drink after eating them)
    (3) Avoid additional ingredients (walnuts, peanut, almonds, creme...)
    (4) Let melt (do not eat) in your mouth a square of chocolate at once and...enjoy.
    You will feel the difference, and you will feel less the need to eat more and more chocolate.
    Advice from Switzerland ;-) , the country of chocolate.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Green and Blacks DARK 85% ZOMG!!!!!!!!!! It's so flavorful and has awesome mouthfeel.