IHOP food is terrible for you

Options
2»

Replies

• mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just ate at IHOP for the first time yesterday, and I got the garden omellette without cheese and the fruit cup. I didn't think that was too bad of a deal, and then I realized that WITH cheese, the garden omellette is like... 700 something calories, lol. But that's ok. I'd been moving boxes all day long and it wasn't the worst option on the menu, heh. But in general, I don't see why it can't be a once in a while sort of treat. I do agree that eating it every day is probably not the greatest choice. heh.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You just have to eat smart, and choose better food items. Like low carb.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Don't eat too much of it and it is good for you!! You have to remember that most restaurant portions are going to be much higher in calories and sugar and salt than home cooked food. If you are going to eat there every day, then eat less of it :)

Oh, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDU0CTDMk2g
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Do you mean it's high in calories? I'm confused by the "terrible". Does it say inappropriate things to you and steal money from the register? :wink:

schelly81, I love your ticker!

It reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest: "Did you ever have one of those days when you forgot to eat? Yeah, me neither."
  • loveiscloser
    Options
    I worked at iHop for about 6 months, I stuck to the soups, and did a moderation off of the burger when hungry as well.
  • knitknitknit
    knitknitknit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    IHOP has NOTHING on the Cheesecake Factory. If you want to be awakened, look at their calorie info, lol!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's terrible, but it's so yummy.

I do kind of miss the IHOP French toast, Olive Garden fettuccini Alfredo and Longhorn ribs.

Being healthy is better, but eating that crap all the time - it tasted good!! :)

Very depressing when you start out, giving that stuff up, lol. It gets much easier in a month or two. :)
  • ashleybrown0118
    ashleybrown0118 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So funny, I just had French Toast there yesterday and procrastinated logging it until tonight because I knew exactly how terrible it was. Terrible and wonderful. I learned a long time ago that I have to allow myself my favorite foods in moderation, or I will just end up binging on them. Allowing myself a slice of French Toast once a week is MUCH better for me than binging on an entire platter, and bacon, and pancakes, and muffins and one of every thing on the menu because all I have allowed myself to eat is egg whites and dry toast.

Typically, when I go out to eat anywhere, the first thing I do is split the meal in half. Portion control. If it will reheat well, I'll ask for a box immediately and put it in there so I am not tempted to keep nibbling long after I am full. That has been helpful for me as well.

Good luck in your journey. I have used MFP on and off for a while, but I am ready to get serious now. I have gained a significant amount of weight from stress eating and lack of exercise due to a back injury. Not being able to move for weeks has really helped me realize how much I want and need exercise.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I used to order
    ~2 fried eggs
    ~grits (no butter)
    ~and bacon.

That is a reasonable amount of calories.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I like pancakes

^^^ This ^^^ I like 'em with butter and a lot of syrup. A lot of syrup.

... and bacon, loadsa bacon - YES - pancakes, butter sirup and bacon - sorry, meant LOADSA BACON!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Omg, working in restaurants makes it SO hard to eat well. You're on your feet all day, you're (supposed to be) working hard, and when you finally get a chance to eat, you probably aren't going to want something super healthy. The deep fried stuff smells better and tastes better, and will obviously sabotage you quicker.

I worked at Arby's and gained so much weight.