What's on the menu for breakfast?

Options
What are you treating your taste buds to this morning? I'm having a small bowl of bran flakes, and my coffee :)

Replies

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Bran flakes does not sound like much of a treat to me. I think i read that recently that they are quite high in added sugar too. Though i guess it could depend on the brand. I like cornflakes myself. Not so high in sugar and if i have them at all these days i've learnt to leave off the sugar.

Anyway, i'm a big cooking phase and tomorrow morning I'm planning a dish i've never had before which consists of sourdough bread, spinach and chickpeas in a certain melange. I know it doesn't sound promising but the picture looks good and i like all the ingredients.

following that i'll have paw paw
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same thing every morning: 1/4 of an avocado, spread on a tortilla and sprinkled with kosher, then topped with one fried egg and one egg white.

This morning I swapped out the avocado for butter, and the tortilla for an apple pie english muffin. I also added 2 slices of bacon :)
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I had warm pound cake with sautéed bananas, fresh blueberries, and Greek yogurt.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mango and macadamia granola with almond milk and blueberries.

Green smoothie - cucumber, celery, 2 kiwis an apple and some kale.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love weekend breakfasts. This morning I'm keeping it simple - some tea and a whole grain English muffin with Smart Balance and apple cinnamon jam. For tomorrow I'm planning on a mushroom cheddar omelet, maybe some tater tots from Trader Joe's if I can ever find them in the freezer.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same thing every morning: 1/4 of an avocado, spread on a tortilla and sprinkled with kosher, then topped with one fried egg and one egg white.

This morning I swapped out the avocado for butter, and the tortilla for an apple pie english muffin. I also added 2 slices of bacon :)

That sounds delicious - question for you though. When you eat a part of an avocado, how do you keep the rest of the avocado fresh until you're ready to eat it?

I'm enjoying two scrambled eggs with seasoned salt, a bowl of oatmeal, and a big iced coffee. Yum!
  • Suthrnbelle_98
    Options
    Every morning I have a 1/2 c of liquid egg whites, topped with 1 T. humus and 2 T salsa. On special days I add 1 T. parmesan cheese. Low calories, low fat and keep me full until lunch. Never was a cereal eater...
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I just asked my 6 year old son if he wanted chicken sausage or tofu. He picked tofu.
  • LillianPag
    LillianPag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I freeze avocados. I cut it in quarters with the skin on. Right away I stick what I am not using on a cookie sheet or plate in the freezer. Once they are frozen I put them in a zip lock bag. Take it out about 20 minutes before you want to use them. It works great.
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mix and match.... oatmeal/toast/english muffin with banana/almond butter or berries/peanut butter or avocado/spinach or eggs/broccoli

Or a nice big smoothie with spinach, banana, almond milk, and hemp seeds
  • Babarrosa1
    Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich and a banana with a glass of milk... but then my breakfast this morning doubled as my post workout snack.. :drinker:
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bran flakes does not sound like much of a treat to me. I think i read that recently that they are quite high in added sugar too. Though i guess it could depend on the brand. I like cornflakes myself. Not so high in sugar and if i have them at all these days i've learnt to leave off the sugar.

Anyway, i'm a big cooking phase and tomorrow morning I'm planning a dish i've never had before which consists of sourdough bread, spinach and chickpeas in a certain melange. I know it doesn't sound promising but the picture looks good and i like all the ingredients.

following that i'll have paw paw

Bran flakes are among the healthiest cereals. Only 3 grams of sugar per serving. Now Raisin Bran... That's a different story :)
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    After my fasted HIIT: Morrocan-style meat(less) meatballs, couscous and sauteed kale with dried cranberries and carrots. I love dinner for breakfast!! Hold me over for HOURS!!!
  • alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I got up late for work this morning so I stopped at McDonalds for an egg white delight McMuffin.. I also got a fruit and yogurt parfait for my break at work. I am a dieter that is all about convenience. I have to be able to get it done ASAP or it won't stick for me. Maybe as I get more weight off and feel like doing more I may kick out the prepackaged stuff.

Until then I guess I will do what is working at the moment.
  • bakokari57
    bakokari57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This morning it is old fashioned oatmeal (1/2 cup dry) with 2 tbsp raisins, a tsp of butter and 1/4 cup of NF milk. Then I cut up a nectarine. Some mornings I make a vege omlette with whatever veges I have on hand, mushrooms, a little onion, spinach, a piece of a tomato, 1 whole egg and two whites. I microwave the two yolks and my dogs get to share them. They love it!
  • activeinmysixties
    activeinmysixties Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I look at what people have for breakfast I am reminded of a book called "Suicide by Sugar - a startling look at our #1 national addiction" by the sports nutritionist Nancy Appleton.
  • csigh
    csigh Posts: 2
    Options
    3 Pieces of bacon and a cup of blueberries so far. I am having a hard time motivating.

I should make some coffee, that might help..
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    French toast, syrup, butter, banana, strawberries.
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    I made a delicious strawberry banana smoothie with unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup of dannon light & fit vanilla yogurt. I added a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a little coconut extract. 170 calories and freaking amazing
  • ROBINSTL67
    ROBINSTL67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I made a parfait with Greek yogurt, blueberries, and Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It was delicious and a good amount of protein.