Runners - Do you log your run fuel?

Options
Just curious if I should be or not.. I mean, it's not much but it IS something, right? So do you log your gels, beans or whatever?

Replies

• ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Gu's are like 100 calories a shot. If you're doing a lot of fueling while running that can really add up.
  • parker313_99
    parker313_99 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No, I don't. Chances are, if I'm going for a run long enough to necessitate fuel along the way, I'm not going to eat back ALL of those calories anyway.
  • junlex123
    junlex123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Gels are about 100 cal a pop so probably should. Then again when you're running long enough to warrant the use of gels you'll be dwarfing the amount of calories in the gel with your exercise calories, but still, if you're consuming a few gels it all adds up.
  • activeinmysixties
    activeinmysixties Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The answer is yes! :)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I figure what is the use of logging if you're going to not log some significant calorie items.
  • sunflowerkwm
    sunflowerkwm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! guess I'll start logging it when I use it.. last year I really struggled with balancing my nutrition with running - I'm back to using this site and seriously logging everything I can because I know it works when you use it correctly!