Weight Gain and your "monthly bill" ?

Options
how much weight do you typically gain when you get your period?

Replies

• arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Atleast 10-12..ugh hate it!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I gained 1.5 pounds... but it came right back off the minute the "bill" was paid.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    2-4 for me. but as others stated, comes right back off. I get seriously bloated too lol ugh :(
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I gain up to 3, but if you can stick to your daily calories through it the weight comes off plus some! Sometimes those cravings are hard to ignore so I work out a little extra just before!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    i used to ALWAYS gain 4lbs, no matter what. since i've been exercising and eating right (since i got serious about it in sept 2010), i haven't had weight gain. free ride!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Usually 5-7 for me.. I don't even bother weighing in that week because at first, it really really depressed me and I thought my hard work was for nothing.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    this has always been the giving up point for me. When trying to shed pounds before, I would get so frustrated with the weight gain from my period, I would just give up.

....not this time!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Atleast 10-12..ugh hate it!

I usually gain 5 and I thought that was bad! holy crap! TOM sucks!!!!
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Used to be about 3kg now it is only 1/2 - 1kg.

I think it is less now because I am lighter and fitter.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Nothing since I've started eating better and ignoring cravings. No more bloatedness.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    3-5 usually and lots of water retention. So I try to stay off the scale as soon as the PMS kicks in :laugh:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm right with 'modernfemme'...I don't give into my cravin's...No gain, no pain ! :)
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I've gained 4 - and I'm waiting til it's over before I et back on the scale! :noway:
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    3-5lbs....hate it, it takes about a week after i'm done to go away too.
    So i have 2 weeks a month to lose, because I know the other two weeks
    will be taken up. HATE IT
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    3-5lbs....hate it, it takes about a week after i'm done to go away too.
    So i have 2 weeks a month to lose, because I know the other two weeks
    will be taken up. HATE IT

Isnt it rediculous!!! Like some of my PMS symtoms begin 2 weeks before(which is now). I'm hungry like alll the time but Im not going to give in this month!
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    I actually questioned this myself. I started my journey to the "new me" and my scale was saying I had lost approx. 7 pounds.. I then went to my trainer, on the day I started and I only lost 4 points... not only did this upset me, it discouraged me.. I feel as if all my hard work didn't pay off. So, I am unsure if this is partially due to my Aunt Sally and Uncle BLOAT being in town, or if it just isn't loosing how I thought! And let me say, I have worked hard -- with no cheats.
  • mcurtis01
    mcurtis01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    about 2 pounds....but since i have been monitoring my intake I have noticed I take in alot of Sodium!
  • CobraBubbles
    Options
    It really depends. Sometimes during my period I eat slightly carbier and/or saltier things which may contribute to 'gain'...
    Generally, it's pretty normal fluctuation, like any other day. But sometimes 4-5lbs and I've been as bloated as to add 6-8lbs in the past. :X
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 4-5 lbs each time. But, it goes away immediately afterwards so I stay away from the scale during that time.
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    I gain anywhere between 4-6 pounds. Once it does start, I'm back to normal.