FAVORITE foods in moderation??

Options
I recently became addicted to Biscoff cookie butter spread. I bought a jar yesterday, and had a very good amount last night with a sauteed banana, and was able to fit it into my calorie budger for the day. With the banana and biscoff cookie butter spread, I ate around 800-900 calories, and it was DELICIOUS! Is what I did ok? If it fits into your budget, do you do it? I even had some calories left over last night! As long as its in moderation, its ok... right? Do you ever have experiences like this? Do you store calories up for the day so you can enjoy them at night? Do you have a special food you like to indulge in on a nightly basis?

Replies

• Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What are they?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If it's what you want, doesn't hurt anyone and makes you happy, it's okay! :)

I do not believe everything is okay in moderation because many things in life need to be avoided completely. If you mean that all foods are okay in moderation, that's a personal decision everyone has to make for themselves after speaking with a doctor.

Every wight loss journey is unique. Everyone has to walk their own path. :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream or some other treats daily. Today I just made Smores Brownies... so tonight there will be Brownie sundaes happening!

Moderation is a wonderful thing.
  • Stilllosing26
    Options
    Thanks for your input :)
  • Stilllosing26
    Options
    I eat ice cream or some other treats daily. Today I just made Smores Brownies... so tonight there will be Brownie sundaes happening!

Moderation is a wonderful thing.

YUM! Delicious!
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You hit it on the head with moderation. There should be no reason to fear your favorite food if you have room for it in your calorie budget. The way I look at it - I don't mind salads but if I eat salad every meal every day I would go nuts. I enjoy my french dip sandwich once in a while to ground myself.
  • Stilllosing26
    Options
    You hit it on the head with moderation. There should be no reason to fear your favorite food if you have room for it in your calorie budget. The way I look at it - I don't mind salads but if I eat salad every meal every day I would go nuts. I enjoy my french dip sandwich once in a while to ground myself.

Two good minds think alike :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fitting treats into your diet provided it is not at the expense of hitting proper nutrition. So if it fits into your macros and micros, go for it. If it doesn't and it's a once in awhile thing, go for it.

If you're regularly storing up calories and not getting proper nutrition just so you can have a treat every night, then you'll probably still lose weight provided you are under your calories, but you run risk of having it impact your health.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I eat basically anything I want as long as it fits in my calorie count for the day - I'm doing pretty good with my weight loss so far :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly think eating 800-900 calories of cookie butter is moderation. Since you ate 800-900 calories of cookie butter, I doubt you are eating a balanced diet and getting all the nutrients you need. How about just eating 1 serving next time?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    McCoys_Ridge_Cut_Salt_Malt_Vinegar_Flavour_50g.jpg
  • Stilllosing26
    Options
    I don't exactly think eating 800-900 calories of cookie butter is moderation. Since you ate 800-900 calories of cookie butter, I doubt you are eating a balanced diet and getting all the nutrients you need. How about just eating 1 serving next time?

I actually got all of my micro and macronutrients in. My maintainece is 2,300, and I am very active
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Telling yourself you can never enjoy something you love ever ever again...is a sure path to failure. So do eat the stuff you love...in moderation of course...but always keep nutrition in mind too. Life's too short not to eat ice cream!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

I go with this, and believe me I love cookie dough. If every day you are saving up 800-900 calories to save for treats I would think some where you would be falling short off the proper nutrition. 900 cals are almost 1/2 my days cals not to mention it would probably plug my pooper up. Buts treats are nice to have.
  • Stilllosing26
    Options
    Some people will eat a few table spoons of peanut butter for dinner... I don't see what the problem is...
  • Fit_Jesus
    Options
    Instead of every night, I'd go with once or twice a week
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Some people will eat a few table spoons of peanut butter for dinner... I don't see what the problem is...

There is no problem if you want to use up 600 cal of your day in peanut butter.
  • Stilllosing26
    Options

Maybe you're right. It's just soooooo good! But I gues that just gives me something to look forward too. I just don't want to deprive myself, because that's when I'll eat a whole jar full LOL
  • Tigg_er
    Options

Maybe you're right. It's just soooooo good! But I gues that just gives me something to look forward too. I just don't want to deprive myself, because that's when I'll eat a whole jar full LOL

Well its damn good ! Thats the problem I have also eating the whole jar. Ha
  • Stilllosing26
    Options

Well its damn good ! Thats the problem I have also eating the whole jar. Ha

So maybe I'll just do half of the jar next time :-) haha