What should I stop eating in order to lose water weight???

Options
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what I should stop eating in order to lose the water retention in my body and what I should eat more of.....

I have been living on fruit, chicken salads, water, nuts and i treat myself to the odd cracker, still staying under my 1200 calorie allowance every day, and have a small portion of pasta before the gym etc....

I think I have cut out most foods that retain water...i just want some advice...am i eating the right things.

Thanks..

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Actually drink more water and cut back on sodium.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    High sodium levels will make you retain and carbs do too. Drink LOTS of water!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    if you are exercsing you should be eating those extra calories (or a good bit of them) being under 1200 for the day and exercising will not help you to lose weight..so make sure you're getting atleast 1200 and eating back some of what you exercise and make sure you drink plenty water you'll see a change within a few days! water is my bestfriend!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    eat more water
  • pinecone
    pinecone Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    all the things that you enjoy;)
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    WATER~WATER~WATER!!!! I know, ironic, isn't it. :ohwell:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    less sodium
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    Cut back on Sodium as every stated, drink plenty of water, and peaches are a natural diuretic, good for you to have when you are retaining fluids, in moderation of course :flowerforyou:
  • carlyannabelle87
    Options
    Hi guys....ok so less Sodium...but what foods contain sodium???

Its weird because since I've been eating better.....its caused constipation....sorry if you didnt want to know that but its true and I don't know why this is!!

Im naturally petite so i only want to lose a couple of pounds. I am currently 9 st or 126lbs to you american guys :) would ideally like to be 119 or 120lbs.

Thanks people....WATER WATER WATER!
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    Sad to say but EVERYTHING processed contains sodium.

The worst, some of our low cal protein bars we love to have. Anything that is processed has sodium, sodium is the hardest thing to watch, unless you do nothing but raw foods. The best thing you can do is cut back, drink plenty of water and find foods that are natural diuretics and add those to your diet when you have those times of water retention. Peaches are good,.... green tea, is great for your system,... cranberry juice (watch the sugar), Fennel Seed,.... you can add that to meals....

Hope this helps,
    GL :smile:
  • Proudmumofboys
    Options
    Almost everything has sodium in it, but you can buy low sodium foods and just really watch the sodium intake. Too much salt makes me very bloated. Good luck
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Add the sodium to your diary page. Then you can see what things you are eatting have the high sodium, and then you can avoid them or drink extra water when they are on the diary.