Healthy Sandwich Recipes Under 300 Calories

What are your favorite easy to make sandwiches under 300 calories?
I start my fall semester of college in 2 week and have a tight schedule so I don't have much time to sit and eat.
Also with 2 PE classes( cross cardio and weight training) I can't skip lunch.
I figure I can eat a sandwich while walking to class though.:)

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    My favorite is turkey breast with Dijon mustard on one of the sandwich rounds. Well under 300 calories. Throw in a piece of fruit and some raw veggies and you have a complete meal you can eat while walking.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Agreed on the sandwich thins, though your mileage may vary. Bread is often the big calorie expense in a sandwich, so finding something to replace it can help. Wraps, tortillas and flatbread work too.
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Sandwich thins, garlic herb laughing cow cheese, turkey. I really like the sandwich thins toasted also with cinnamon cream cheese or queso chipotle laughing cow.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Bread, meat, cheese, spinach, tomato.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    What are your favorite easy to make sandwiches under 300 calories?
    I start my fall semester of college in 2 week and have a tight schedule so I don't have much time to sit and eat.
    Also with 2 PE classes( cross cardio and weight training) I can't skip lunch.
    I figure I can eat a sandwich while walking to class though.:)
    I expect with the exercise your doing you can eat far more than 300 calories for lunch
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Thanks for the ideas:)
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    I eat a lot of sandwiches, check out my diary! Sara Lee makes a low cal bread. I think it's something like 45 calories per slice. If you just do half a sandwich, you can fill it with 250 calories of turkey breast, cheese and veggies. If you do half an ounce of cheese and a few ounces of turkey breast, you'll get some filling fat and a decent amount of protein to hold you over until your next meal.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Just posted almost the same thing in another thread: Wraps! I buy Kwik Trip (local convenience store) brand white flour tortillas, which clock in at 120 cals, 20g carbs per piece. I have one every morning spread with 1/4 avocado, sprinkled with kosher salt and topped with 1 fried egg and one fried egg white. Total damage: 292 cal. Sometimes I'll have one for lunch or dinner, too.

Then I have another wrap for lunch. Some of my faves, all 300-350 cals-ish
    Chicken Cesar: Chicken breast, slice of cheese, bagged lettuce mix, cesar dressing.
    Turkey and Squash: turkey breast, steamed yellow squash, cheese, heated in the microwave and served warm
    "Burrito" style: refried beans, olives, grilled peppers, lettuce mix, shredded cheese. Either microwaved or grilled quesadilla style
    Hawaiian melt: ham, pineapple, cheese. Best served grilled, quesadilla style, but can be microwaved in a pinch
    Tuna and avocado: 1/4 avocado mixed with 1/2 small can of tuna, manzanilla olives
    And then there are days where I'm either feeling creative or just running low on ingredients, and throw together whatever I have on hand. Sometimes it's great, sometimes . . .
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Just posted almost the same thing in another thread: Wraps! I buy Kwik Trip (local convenience store) brand white flour tortillas, which clock in at 120 cals, 20g carbs per piece. I have one every morning spread with 1/4 avocado, sprinkled with kosher salt and topped with 1 fried egg and one fried egg white. Total damage: 292 cal. Sometimes I'll have one for lunch or dinner, too.

Then I have another wrap for lunch. Some of my faves, all 300-350 cals-ish
    Chicken Cesar: Chicken breast, slice of cheese, bagged lettuce mix, cesar dressing.
    Turkey and Squash: turkey breast, steamed yellow squash, cheese, heated in the microwave and served warm
    "Burrito" style: refried beans, olives, grilled peppers, lettuce mix, shredded cheese. Either microwaved or grilled quesadilla style
    Hawaiian melt: ham, pineapple, cheese. Best served grilled, quesadilla style, but can be microwaved in a pinch
    Tuna and avocado: 1/4 avocado mixed with 1/2 small can of tuna, manzanilla olives
    And then there are days where I'm either feeling creative or just running low on ingredients, and throw together whatever I have on hand. Sometimes it's great, sometimes . . .

Great ideas! I am stealing them!
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    So glad you posted this! Great ideas!

I too go back to college this fall....starting 18th. Before I just went to a small community college 15 miles away and scheduled my classes around so I could be home at lunch. Now I am going about 30-45 minutes away and my classes run most all day Monday-Thursday with an hour lunch break. I haven't figured out what to take for my lunches yet. I also probably should pick up a lunch sack or something too.