Does 10 mins on my exercise bike daily make a difference?

Options
Hear me out, I've got a pass injury that plays up like crazy sometimes and recently I stepped on plastic. It left a huge cut on the heel of my foot so I started walking on the front and it triggered my past injury. I'm waiting for it all the pass, but doing 10 mins daily on my exercise bike before the pain comes. Will it add to my progress of weight loss or do you think I shouldn't bother? Once my foot's all healed I'll be able to do 25-30 mins daily.

It's already feeling better, I hurt my foot with the plastic around a week ago. I think by this time next week I'll be back to normal! :drinker:

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Let your foot heal.
  • BooAndKitty
    Options
    Let your foot heal.

I'm thinking that's whats best but then I'm paranoid I won't lose weight. Its frustrating lol :grumble:
  • loveless_me
    loveless_me Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calorie goals and you should still lose weight as long as you have your calorie goal at a deficit.
    I am not a doctor or anything, but I think it would be best to let your foot heal before you do any kind of exercise.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Let your foot heal.

I'm thinking that's whats best but then I'm paranoid I won't lose weight. Its frustrating lol :grumble:

You will be fine for a week or two. :)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without any exercise as long as you are in a calorie deficit. 10 mins on bike is not going to be a lot of extra burn so it is not worth prolonging your injury or hurting yourself over.

There is lots of exercise you can do with involving your foot also.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Go swimming for now
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It will do next to nothing for weight loss, however any exercise is good and will make your step up to full exercise again easier, if it isn't doing your injury any harm carry on, if it is knock it on the head
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Yes, it makes a difference, but not a big one.
    It will help put/keep you in a calorie deficit, but that's best done by eating less.
    I can eat a vanilla malted in 15 min that's close to 700 cal, but it'll take me an hour on the elliptical to burn that much.
    "Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

So just keep plugging away, staying under your calorie goal (which you should do whether or not you're exercising... ignore net calories is what my doctor told me) and you'll be OK.
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What about doing some upper body exercises to keep the body moving? I would rest that foot as much as possible.