Heavy weights and cardio…

Options
To lose and tone… trying to prevent tons of saggy skin. In need of friends to encourage and be encouraged. I'm new to this.

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    If you are going to do weights, then focus on the weights.
    Cardio is also fine to do.

I do weights about 4 - 5 times a week....
    And then cardio is 2 days a week my "rest" days

good luck
  • Mimi20814
    Mimi20814 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will never look like that… I have a lot to lose. Just ready to be healthy and take care of me.
  • davidpoolman5
    Options
    do HIT cardio High Intensity Interval Training that burns fat quick
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I will never look like that… I have a lot to lose. Just ready to be healthy and take care of me.

Probably for the best unless you're wanting to become a man? In which case, he's a great example of what to look like! :laugh:
  • Mimi20814
    Mimi20814 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Haha.. This is true!! I just can't imagine at this point even having a semi tight tummy. But I have heard lots of good things about ladies and weight training.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Haha.. This is true!! I just can't imagine at this point even having a semi tight tummy. But I have heard lots of good things about ladies and weight training.

If you don't lose the weight too quick you have a good chance of minimising loose skin... Fingers crossed you have good genetics too!

You'll look better once you lose the weight if you have been lifting.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Probably for the best unless you're wanting to become a man? In which case, he's a great example of what to look like! :laugh:

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Do the lifting, trust me.
    Progressive over load....
    Get your diet right
    be patient.

Enjoy the results.
  • Snailman44
    Options
    Your a beginner stick to the basics for cardio like walking jogging and cycling. Get your heart rate in the fat burning zone that's what matters. I don't like HIIt for beginners as there is a greater chance for injury and a injured person is not working out at all. For lifting weights do a full body routine 3x a week like the following.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises