weight loss but not in stomach

Options
So I've started my journey about a month and a half ago and at first didn't see any results but this past week I've noticed I lost like 5-7 lbs give or take cuz rhe scale fluctuates day to day and minute to minute. I've tracked the fluctuations. I took pics at the beginning and just today after seeing the decrease in scale, but pics look the same of my stomach. I thought I noticed a smaller pudge on my belly but after comparing pics I don't see it as much. What can I do? I don't wanna keep.losing wright cuz my goal was 123 and I'm at 224, but I need to lose the stomach so maybe I do need to keep losing. I'm 23, weighed 131 before and am 5 foot 5.

Replies

• AvonBell
    AvonBell Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can't target. You can only cut calories and lose fat and your body will decide where to get it. Eventually it will take it from your stomach.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight comes off wherever it wants to. The best thing to do now is to eat at maintenance and lift heavy.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Taking/recording measurements will give you more tangible results. Weightloss is not linear and sadly, cannot be fine tuned to the preferred areas.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Your stomach will most likely be the last to go so you will need to exercise some patience and measuring helps so you can see the subtle changes.
  • xxshelbyxx0818
    Options
    Taking/recording measurements will give you more tangible results. Weightloss is not linear and sadly, cannot be fine tuned to the preferred areas.

Ok I'll start measuring. I should've a long time ago cuz i bad already been told to do that to see my results better, so I will start, and yes I know it's not linear and can't be fine tuned, idk what my purpose was in asking. I guess to see if any type of exercise would hep mt stomach area.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Ok I'll start measuring. I should've a long time ago cuz i bad already been told to do that to see my results better, so I will start, and yes I know it's not linear and can't be fine tuned, idk what my purpose was in asking. I guess to see if any type of exercise would hep mt stomach area.

As others have said, unfortunately there is not an exercise that can help unless you include exercising control of your calorie intake. A sustained calorie deficit will eventually lead to less fat stores on your stomach. Good luck.
  • xxshelbyxx0818
    Options
    Weight comes off wherever it wants to. The best thing to do now is to eat at maintenance and lift heavy.
    well I haven't been doing any lifting whatsoever because of my business I can't make it ton the gum much. So u think lifting is the best thing to do for overall weight loss?